Good Fishing Spots?

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
1) You SOAK the board in water first so it ISN'T as flammable. :whoosh:

2) Leave grilling to the professionals, please. The fire department thanks you in advance. :razz:

depends on what you soak the board in... :doublewhoosh: :roflmao:

:razz:

Mikeinsmd

nawty1 said:
Just used good ole worms and a line with a weight, small (size 8?) hook, and bobber. Nothing fancy, just what I remember from when I was a kid.
Make sure you don't have too much line below the bobber. I've been hitting ponds in the Rockville area with small twistie tail grubs & the bluegill & crappie devour them.

Dems, where is Bumpy Oaks?

D

dems4me

Mikeinsmd said:
Make sure you don't have too much line below the bobber. I've been hitting ponds in the Rockville area with small twistie tail grubs & the bluegill & crappie devour them.

Dems, where is Bumpy Oaks?

its off 227/Bryan's Road Area... take 210 south and a left onto 227 at the Bryans Road light - stay on 227 and the road will fork out to the left past a little abandoned church and airport... Bumpy Oak road... follow that down a hill until you see railroad tracks and water :dance:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
dems4me said:
The fish are bitting like crazy up at Bumpy Oaks... even on bobbers!!! I was using to rods most the day but gave up because I couldn't keep up with the fish... it was double headers all day but if you don't set the hook, they just steal your bait. PM me and I can give you directions if you like... me and BF hope to be up there Saturday if the whether is nice... :dance:
I want directions!! What are you fishing for there??

D

dems4me

itsbob said:
I want directions!! What are you fishing for there??

:ohwell: those were directions... they have all kinds of fish there... lots of crappie, bass, bluegill, warmouths, some catfish (although rare), chain pickerell (when colder), sunfish, etc...

If you want more explicit directions send me a pm... for all I know you want explicit directions so you can go their to drown me or something :ohwell:

ViolaceousTiger

If you're going to Gilbert Run and you want to know the good fishing spots, it would have to be at the bottom of the big hill by the dam along the shore, and if you're looking for a place to put your canoe, you can launch it at Gilbert Run too.

D

dems4me

kom526 said:
Is Bumpy Oaks worth putting a canoe in?
You can if you want, its very, very shallow (about 2-3 feet) and not for a canoe ride, but for fishign in a canoe. There's a horse that often stand in the middle of the water too... :lol: I think my BF caught the record warmouth fish in their yesterday late afternoon, he kept it for a citation. :dance: It was over 11 inches long and a fat one!!!

As for fishing at Gilbert run, I've tried all the places, both by bank fishign and by boat... I'd rather watch paint dry... and found fishing their terribly boring and a waste of a day... but then again, I'm spoilt by the action of other favorite fishing holes like Bumpy Oaks... I was trying to use two rods, but as soon as the bobber hits the water, something was bitting on it...

Last edited by a moderator:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
2-3 ft is plenty of water under the hull. Around here I only fish out of my canoe, St. Mary's Lake and Gilbert Run. Another spot I like is the pond just north of South Sandgates Road. I've caught quite a few crappie and bass in there. The big pond in Wildewood, near the community center is LOADED with great fish. Park in the community center parking lot and walk around that little pond and there is another larger pond just through the woods, (you'll be able to see it) I've caught some of the biggest bluegill ever in that hole. :yay:

D

dems4me

kom526 said:
2-3 ft is plenty of water under the hull. Around here I only fish out of my canoe, St. Mary's Lake and Gilbert Run. Another spot I like is the pond just north of South Sandgates Road. I've caught quite a few crappie and bass in there. The big pond in Wildewood, near the community center is LOADED with great fish. Park in the community center parking lot and walk around that little pond and there is another larger pond just through the woods, (you'll be able to see it) I've caught some of the biggest bluegill ever in that hole. :yay:

Just wait until you see the size of these fish... My bf has been fishing for 30+ years and has never seen the size of crappies and blue gill we pull out of there... they are so big we can actually filet and eat them!! :yum:

Last edited by a moderator: