Good grief, Disney, just stop

SamSpade

I don't remember the last time I even watched NBC.
Not so much for me anymore - my wife watches the Chicago shows, the Law and Order shows and I watch Blacklist (when it's on), the new Quantum Leap. LaBrea and Magnum. Oh she also watches New Amsterdam - it just got too woke for me to watch.

But NBC also owns USA, SyFy and a few others, and if you watch a show OnDemand, you HAVE TO WATCH the commercials and many of them are bit after bit of "The More You Know". As in maybe 5 or 6 in a row.

We have a general pattern of liking - cop shows, lawyer shows, detective shows, spy shows and doctor shows. Outside that, we usually depend on recommendations. We loved "This is Us" but only because way too many of our friends said we should watch it.

Hijinx

It's a phenomenon that I don't get - a very small but very vocal number of persons complain, they get a FEW allies and suddenly a chorus of people who 99% of the time could give a rat's ass start chirping. It's kind of like when a handful of people start clapping and before long the whole place is clapping. The 99% of the people who weren't planning to clap ten seconds ago - well they're too chicken crap to just NOT join in.

A lot of this woke crap is instigated by a tiny fraction of the population, knowing that a lot of them don't care but DON'T WANT TO SEEM BIGOTED.
Not wanting to seem bigoted is a phenomenon that never bothered me.
I don't remember the last time I even watched NBC.
The Negro Broadcasting Company?

SamSpade

Not wanting to seem bigoted is a phenomenon that never bothered me.
Appearing? Me neither. But I do believe I should watch my own actions, because I've been wrong before, and I want to learn from my mistakes.

I always tell my kids that the definition of stupid is refusing to learn from mistakes.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not so much for me anymore - my wife watches the Chicago shows, the Law and Order shows and I watch Blacklist (when it's on), the new Quantum Leap. LaBrea and Magnum. Oh she also watches New Amsterdam - it just got too woke for me to watch.

But NBC also owns USA, SyFy and a few others, and if you watch a show OnDemand, you HAVE TO WATCH the commercials and many of them are bit after bit of "The More You Know". As in maybe 5 or 6 in a row.

We have a general pattern of liking - cop shows, lawyer shows, detective shows, spy shows and doctor shows. Outside that, we usually depend on recommendations. We loved "This is Us" but only because way too many of our friends said we should watch it.
I don't watch any of those shows. And I tend to DVR a lot and watch later so I can FF through the commercials.

OccamsRazor

It's a phenomenon that I don't get - a very small but very vocal number of persons complain, they get a FEW allies and suddenly a chorus of people who 99% of the time could give a rat's ass start chirping. It's kind of like when a handful of people start clapping and before long the whole place is clapping. The 99% of the people who weren't planning to clap ten seconds ago - well they're too chicken crap to just NOT join in.

A lot of this woke crap is instigated by a tiny fraction of the population, knowing that a lot of them don't care but DON'T WANT TO SEEM BIGOTED.
I remember long ago seeing a standup comedian do a routine. He walked out on to the stage dead quiet. After about 2 minutes, he just started clapping. After about 2 more minutes, the entire audience was clapping. Then, he just shouted "HEY!" To which the entire audience shouted "HEY!" Then, he started patting his head. Of course, the entire audience started patting their head.

After this, he exclaimed:

" And you all wonder how Hitler was able to get a nation to go along with him!"

Hijinx

Appearing? Me neither. But I do believe I should watch my own actions, because I've been wrong before, and I want to learn from my mistakes.

I always tell my kids that the definition of stupid is refusing to learn from mistakes.
Yes learning from mistakes is a basic rule.
One that Joe Biden and Faucci never learned.
They are still trying to shove this vaccine mistake up our asses.

SamSpade

I don't watch any of those shows. And I tend to DVR a lot and watch later so I can FF through the commercials.
I don't think we watch ANYTHING that isn't recorded. The problem with recording a lot of primetime shows is, if too many are on at the same time, the DVR device will replace one of them with a link to OnDemand - and then you HAVE TO watch commercials.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
New live-action 'Peter Pan' trailer shocks with major character changes: 'Diversity nonsense'

Disney has been accused of pushing a 'woke' agenda

Disney’s "Peter Pan and Wendy" was lambasted across social media after its first trailer Tuesday featured female Lost Boy characters.

The preview of the latest live-action remake appeared to follow similar story beats of the original J.M. Barrie story until the characters reached the fabled Neverland. Upon coming face-to-face with the Lost Boys, Wendy (played by Ever Anderson) commented that the kids are not just boys.

"But you're not all boys," Wendy remarked.

Peter Pan will now be Fiddy-Pence
Wendy will be played by Jussie Smollett
Captain Hook will be Admiral Wang
Smee will now be Yo'ismee

Hijinx

New live-action 'Peter Pan' trailer shocks with major character changes: 'Diversity nonsense'

Disney’s "Peter Pan and Wendy" was lambasted across social media after its first trailer Tuesday featured female Lost Boy characters.

The preview of the latest live-action remake appeared to follow similar story beats of the original J.M. Barrie story until the characters reached the fabled Neverland. Upon coming face-to-face with the Lost Boys, Wendy (played by Ever Anderson) commented that the kids are not just boys.

LMAO Mary Martin was the best Peter pan.

terbear1225

admittedly, its been a while since I read Peter Pan but I'm not sure how that would qualify as a major character change or be detrimental to the story line

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
C70B7B9E-4246-486D-94F2-9220605F060B.jpeg

PeoplesElbow

You have no problem with Belle having sex with a beast or a mermaid falling in love with a human.
Wait, there was sex in that?

Hadn't watched a Disney cartoon probably since the aristocats was in theaters in the 80s. Maybe that snow white stripper on America's got talent wasn't so out of the norm?

Bonehead

I remember long ago seeing a standup comedian do a routine. He walked out on to the stage dead quiet. After about 2 minutes, he just started clapping. After about 2 more minutes, the entire audience was clapping. Then, he just shouted "HEY!" To which the entire audience shouted "HEY!" Then, he started patting his head. Of course, the entire audience started patting their head.

After this, he exclaimed:

" And you all wonder how Hitler was able to get a nation to go along with him!"
That was George Carlin as I recall.