Good lord!

Goofing_Off

Mikeinsmd said:
C'mon G.O. Stay on track. HUGE difference between an adolescent trying to pierce her belley button and an adult trying to kill themselves... :duh:
I'm completely on track. If we can't spend money to <b>save a person's life</b>, then why spend it to get rid of an infection from a piercing that they should have known better not to do?

I'm just following someone else's logic.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Goofing_Off said:
I'm completely on track. If we can't spend money to save a person's life, then why spend it to get rid of an infection from a piercing that they should have known better not to do?
So you don't see the difference between someone who is trying to kill themself and someone who isn't?

Interesting...

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Mikeinsmd said:
I dunno but I think it's sexy as hell!!
I think it's sexy to a point. But on some level, piercings other than earlobes look uncomfortable to me. A while ago I saw a Goth teenager in the grocery store. He had his earlobe stretched out and a thin section of pipe inserted into the hole. You could have hung a potted plant from his earlobe.

Goofing_Off

vraiblonde said:
So you don't see the difference between someone who is trying to kill themself and someone who isn't?

Interesting...
I see two people who are willfully doing things to themselves, one resulting in death (more serious) and one resulting in injury or illness (less serious). By your own argument, it is wasting public funds, in the form of a police call, to save a person's life, which is more serious, so therefore it should be wasting public funds, in the form of a 911 call, to help the injured person, which is less serious. In fact, it should be wasting public resources to accomplish anything that is less serious than saving a life.

This should be self-evident if you are to follow your own thinking to its conclusion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Goofing_Off said:
This should be self-evident if you are to follow your own thinking to its conclusion.
And if you are to follow your OWN thinking to its conclusion, you'd quit trying to second-guess God when HE decides it's time to call His children home.

Mikeinsmd

Goofing_Off said:
I see two people who are willfully doing things to themselves, one resulting in death (more serious) and one resulting in injury or illness (less serious). By your own argument, it is wasting public funds, in the form of a police call, to save a person's life, which is more serious, so therefore it should be wasting public funds, in the form of a 911 call, to help the injured person, which is less serious. In fact, it should be wasting public resources to accomplish anything that is less serious than saving a life. This should be self-evident if you are to follow your own thinking to its conclusion.
Not even a close comparison. One was an adult trying to end their life, the other an adolescent trying to pierce her belly.

The adult had full control of their situation, the adolescent did not (dependant on mother).

Apples / Oranges.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
[snarkyvoice] This is not a political thread [/snarkyvoice]

Someone told me that with red karma, so it must be true. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I got the same thing.. AND called a Moron or Mormon, I can't quite remember which..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
The bonking was on your head for implying you're fat... "phat" maybe but not fat!!

Besides, I was referring to them being sexy on me!! :killingme :barf:
Me ---> :dork:

:lmao: