Good place to fish w/ the kids?

TurboK9

My boat is down for the count.... Probably won't be back in the drink till next spring.

SO!

Where is a good (local) place to take the kids fishing from shore? We are in Lusby... I'm thinking about Point Lookout.... Anywhere else I should consider? The boys are 6 and 8, so I want to stay away from deep surf and riprap... and at least catch a few little somethings, don't have to be keepers of any type... just for fun.

Anyone?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The fishing pier at Solomons, Greenwell State Park, St. Georges Island, the pier at Coltons Point, Bushwood wharf, Chaptico Wharf, The pier on the Calvert side at the Benedict bridge, Forest Landing.

oldman

Lobster Land
Helped out a bunch of disadvantaged kids on the big pier at point lookout back on the 16th and they all caught small 2-3" spot. I'm not saying they are still there but it was a fantastic day for them.

Baja , you said forest landing? Can you really catch and fish there? Never had any luck, what should I do there?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We used to go to the Pier at Point Lookout at NIGHT - was spooky there - we spent the night there several times and had our GSD with us (anyone needing a nap slept in the van) - although things always looked less scary in the morning .....

fish67

During the week Breezy Point is a good spot - I would avoid the weekends though...It does cost a few bucks to get in though...

Goofy20

Been to Point Lookout a couple times this summer. Even stayed and did the overnight fishing with my boyfriend this past Friday-Saturday. NOTHING but crabs stealing our bait. Its nice...but not much fun when you cant get a fish to bite. If your LUCKY you can catch a 2" perch or something. lol. Good luck. This year has been a bad year for fishing. We usually do so well in our past years. Dont know what going on.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Can any of you teach me fishing? I would like to take my sons out to go fishing. My sons are 3 and 6 years old. Nothing big.... Just want to go have fun...

TurboK9

Can any of you teach me fishing? I would like to take my sons out to go fishing. My sons are 3 and 6 years old. Nothing big.... Just want to go have fun...

Next time we go you are welcome to meet us. We usually don't catch much though... I'll PM you next time, and bring a couple extra rods. Expect the kids to get bored pretty quickly the first few times. :yay:

lovinmaryland

Sometimes on the way home from work Big B will stop @ allens fresh, says there is always fish biting there.

Also we have taken the kids to Gilbert Run and they have caught lots of croppies.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Next time we go you are welcome to meet us. We usually don't catch much though... I'll PM you next time, and bring a couple extra rods. Expect the kids to get bored pretty quickly the first few times. :yay:

Thank you. :buddies:

I have fishing rods for the boys.

Thank you. :buddies:

I have fishing rods for the boys.

Yep, St Marys lake, haven't been for ages. Just walk ;little trail and find a spot. Worms or crickets work well.

They are perfect ages for that type of introduction. I would love to do it and I think my son (27) have a goodtime too. Ya gotta get fish the first time out!

hardcore

Creation=Creator, Logic
My boat is down for the count.... Probably won't be back in the drink till next spring.

SO!

Where is a good (local) place to take the kids fishing from shore? We are in Lusby... I'm thinking about Point Lookout.... Anywhere else I should consider? The boys are 6 and 8, so I want to stay away from deep surf and riprap... and at least catch a few little somethings, don't have to be keepers of any type... just for fun.

Anyone?

Cove Pt beach if you can get access? awesome fishing grounds!!

Boxdyn

Gilbert Run is awesome if you are looking for a good fresh water spot. A lot of bluegill, crappie, and bass can be had from the shoreline.

hardcore

Creation=Creator, Logic
What about the beach at Calvert Cliffs? Can you fish there? That's close to Cove Point Beach... hehe.

Edit: Yep you can... just checked the website. Cool.

Good spot!! Stripers, Blues, Croaker, and Spot. Hook'em up!!