GOOD places to eat!??

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Heretic

Sometimes I do feel like people are looking at me cause Im by myself but then I remember that most people ignore me anyway so I get over it LOL
Well if they make eye contact say "hi"! You never know.....:wink:
In all honesty, regardless of bluto's opinion on sushi, I have met some of the greatest people in So. Md at the sushi bar. I am surprised at how far some people drive for good sushi!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by cariblue
I don't mind being looked at, I just don't like being looked at like a piece of meat. Also, I don't like being approached by the usual hounds that are out trolling. I don't know, I've just always been very uncomfortable being out alone, even in non meat market atmospheres. I can't even go to Starbucks and sit inside with a cup of coffee by myself. I get my coffee and run. I'm so pathetic.

Ohhh Cari - poor baby. We got to work on your "looks". There is the look "don't even think about it", and "you are vermin and I will exterminate you" and how about "if you approach me I will scream". I usually maintain the "I am cool as long as you don't hit on me, cause then I will eat your liver with fava beans" look. I very rarely have problems and when I do I set the individual straight in a very short period of time (with a smile of course). That's all part of the Southern etiquette for ladies. We'll practice your "looks" (and your smile - sometimes us females put too much energy in a smile when it really is not necessary):biggrin:

H

Heretic

Originally posted by cariblue
I don't mind being looked at, I just don't like being looked at like a piece of meat. Also, I don't like being approached by the usual hounds that are out trolling. I don't know, I've just always been very uncomfortable being out alone, even in non meat market atmospheres. I can't even go to Starbucks and sit inside with a cup of coffee by myself. I get my coffee and run. I'm so pathetic.

mig, I'll keep you in mind next time I need to get out of the house.

OOPS Busted LOL

I sure wish women looked at me like a piece of meat, the only thing even close was when some gay guy approached me at Regan National Airport *CRINGE*

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Heretic
OOPS Busted LOL

I sure wish women looked at me like a piece of meat, the only thing even close was when some gay guy approached me at Regan National Airport *CRINGE*

Yes, you should be more careful in restrooms... :biggrin:

Oops - Just re-read it and realized that you said "like a piece of meat," not looked at your...

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I don't think anyone mentioned Clark's Landing as an awesome place to eat in St. Mary's. Just drive to the end of Clark's Landing Road in Hollywood, and turn left when you pass the Burch Oil tanks... Best Crab Imperial in the -world- with HUGE lumps of crab meat. It has a lot of pepper in it though so if you don't like a little heat, just get their awesome crab cake!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Oz
I don't think anyone mentioned Clark's Landing as an awesome place to eat in St. Mary's. Just drive to the end of Clark's Landing Road in Hollywood, and turn left when you pass the Burch Oil tanks... Best Crab Imperial in the -world- with HUGE lumps of crab meat. It has a lot of pepper in it though so if you don't like a little heat, just get their awesome crab cake!
I didn't forget, I added it to a later post. I do agree, the Crab Imperial is the best and the crab cakes are really good too! :yay:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Originally posted by RoseRed
Forget to mention Oakwood Lodge in Piney Point. The black diamond steak is delicious!

We also go to Clarke's Landing in Hollywood a lot.
I like Clarke's Landing...I've never had a bad meal there, and the servings are huge! The crab dip and steamed shrimp are very good!! Solomon's Pier is pretty good most of the time...Broome's Howard is great, but I think it closes in the winter??? :confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We had dinner last night at CD Cafe and it was really good. And did we luck out, showed up shortly after 6 prepared to be put on the waiting list and were seated immediately! Timing is everything! :biggrin:

pilot

Seabreeze:

Brome-Howard does not close in the winter.

Heretic:

CD's Cafe is on Solomon's. It's across the big field before you get to the Boardwalk. It's on the LHS in a building that has a few other shops. There's usually a big sign outside that says open.

BTW, I think they might have expanded recently, which is good news. My biggest problem with them is that they don't take reservations, and there was no decent place to wait.

ohstate

CDs is on Solomons, not all the way at the end, but in a office/store type building on the main road. They just opened up a small bar in the back of the building, too. It has a great atmosphere, and it was packed the first Friday we went there. They have an appetizer menu, with different things than the restaurant. We met a couple who made their entire meal from the appetizer menu. They raved about the food. The specials at CDs are usually very, very good, and save room for a dessert. My other favorites in the area are DiGiovannis (good steak), Dry Dock, China Harbor (all Solomons), and Monterey (mexican). Brome Howard is also great (but a bit of a drive for us). I really wish the Indian place in Sans Souci was better - I still drive to Alexandria for really good Indian food!

Last edited:

Vicki

I love the CD cafe, it's my favorite restaurant here, also Giovannis is nice when the weather is warmer and you can sit outside... and as far as Clarke's landing goes, I must have ordered the wrong things because I just wasn't impressed with that place. The Indian restaurant in San Souci was better when it first opened, now they have a new cook and it's not that great. :rolleyes:

pilot

Originally posted by Vicki
I love the CD cafe, it's my favorite restaurant here, also Giovannis is nice when the weather is warmer and you can sit outside... and as far as Clarke's landing goes, I must have ordered the wrong things because I just wasn't impressed with that place. The Indian restaurant in San Souci was better when it first opened, now they have a new cook and it's not that great. :rolleyes:

I agree, I wasn't overly impressed with Clarke's Landing. It's still worth going to, especially since it has a very nice atmosphere (a porch on the water), but the food is nothing special--not bad, just not as good as some other places. I go there when all I want is a hamburger with a scenic place to relax.

Sorry to hear the Indian place has gone downhill. I've had better Indian food, but I still thought it was OK, and I'd hate to see it go out of business--especially since it's the only place we've got down here!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by joeyinlexpark
I guess I have bad taste, but my better half and I love to eat at Harbor Sounds, we go there quite often. I love their steak!

I have eaten there several times and found the food to be pretty good. In the summer, go on Thursday nights for the "all-you-can-eat" steamed shrimp they had upstairs for $10. :yum:

Last edited: