Good Source for Traffic News in Charles County?

NIU_Huskies

Is there a good website or FM/AM radio channel for traffic news in Charles County/So. MD?

Would just be useful to know where accidents are so I know when I should take a different route to and from work.

Whenever I listen to WTOP traffic and weather they pretty much focus all their reporting on Northern Virginia/DC roads. Very rarely will I hear them talk about accidents or traffic on the 210 or 5.

You can get WAZE for your smartphone. Updated by other Waze users pretty much in realtime. Does lots more than just traffic... flags police locations, gas stations and fuel prices, restaurants,...

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The three Southern Maryland stations, 97.7, 98.3 and 102.9, all have traffic in the mornings and late afternoons (starting about 3 or so) at 20 after and 50 after the hour.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The three Southern Maryland stations, 97.7, 98.3 and 102.9, all have traffic in the mornings and late afternoons (starting about 3 or so) at 20 after and 50 after the hour.

and it's typically out of date and focuses more on areas closer to DC.

Use google maps with WAZE and you are ahead of the game.

SoMdDude

I listen to 103.5 most of the day every day (except between 5:50-10:30am when Elliot in The Morning is on) to and from work, and if there are ANY snafu's in southern MD, they report them
all the time, not sure why you dont hear them, I usually do. On your way home, dont take 210, take oxin hill road down instead, 210 between 3-8 blows, the road that parallels is doesnt usually.
I get home every day from alexandria to western waldorf (1 mile from 210) in 30 minutes, I never take 210 home

Last edited:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
and it's typically out of date and focuses more on areas closer to DC.

Use google maps with WAZE and you are ahead of the game.

You're going to get more local from them than WTOP. I've been sitting on RTE 4 at Wayson's more than once over the years and that cluster isn't even mentioned "on the 8s".

dave1959

Is there a good website or FM/AM radio channel for traffic news in Charles County/So. MD?

Would just be useful to know where accidents are so I know when I should take a different route to and from work.

Whenever I listen to WTOP traffic and weather they pretty much focus all their reporting on Northern Virginia/DC roads. Very rarely will I hear them talk about accidents or traffic on the 210 or 5.

I think WTOP is about as good as it gets. They are usually pretty good about announcing when there is a "problem" on those routes. .. However, they can't announce everything. I listen everyday from about 5:30 -7:30 on my trip from Mechanicsville to Silver Spring. What they don't do, Like they do for 95 or 66,is announce when there are no problems. The routes out of SOMD are heavy every day. So, No news is good news.