Goodbye shopping center by wawa

Restitution

When are they finally gonna get a clue and put a grocery store on the NORTHBOUND side of 235? I am sure the base traffic would appreciate being able to stop for groceries and last minute dinner items without having to cross over 235.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When are they finally gonna get a clue and put a grocery store on the NORTHBOUND side of 235? I am sure the base traffic would appreciate being able to stop for groceries and last minute dinner items without having to cross over 235.

Aldi is on the NB side.

lucky_bee

RBF expert

you mean Aldi's? And FL in Charlotte Hall?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Sorry... I don't consider Aldi's a full service grocery store. Do you? Would you shop for all of your needs at Aldi's?

I do actually. 85-90% of my weekly list can be bought at Aldi's. The rest can usually be picked up at FL which is right next to where I live.

Restitution

Nope, but it's a stop for milk on the way home. Less expensive than Early Bird.

I agree however, lets look at what we have now.....

From Rte 4 southbound to the base, there "will be" 5 full-service grocery stores to go to (Giant, Food Lion, Walmart, Shopper's, and the new one being built across from Wawa)

From the base all the way to Charlotte Hall there is Aldi's.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
OK... there are plenty of places in Waldorf too!

Lets get real and try to think about places within 20-25 miles from the Lexington Park area...

CH is right about 25-28 miles from LP. There's plenty of people that work at the base that commute from CH and further. Just pointing out it's another option for them on their way home.

Nope, but it's a stop for milk on the way home. Less expensive than Early Bird.

:yeahthat:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I agree however, lets look at what we have now.....

From Rte 4 southbound to the base, there "will be" 5 full-service grocery stores to go to (Giant, Food Lion, Walmart, Shopper's, and the new one being built across from Wawa)

From the base all the way to Charlotte Hall there is Aldi's.

What's the big deal? Is it really that inconvenient to make a left turn to go to a grocery store?

Restitution

You have to answer her question first.

Oh lord.... here come the groupie defenders!

YES... It is inconvenient to navigate the traffic in and out of the southbound shopping centers when rush hour is in full bloom. Happy now? I put into words what could have easily been insinuated from my original argument. :doh:

Now.... Can my question be answered? Did you really not get that until I just spelled it out?

Grumpy

YES... It is inconvenient to navigate the traffic in and out of the southbound shopping centers when rush hour is in full bloom. Happy now? I put into words what could have easily been insinuated from my original argument. :doh:

Now.... Can my question be answered? Did you really not get that until I just spelled it out?

:lol:
Life is inconvenient at times, get over it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

You, Nervous Nancy, must be an incredibly craptastic driver. :coffee:

Perhaps you should work third shift.