Patron
I ####ing hate them
(whatever)
I ####ing hate them
la la la LOSE
They try too hard
and tore my feelings like I had none
Wish they'd go away

I didn't bother to watch because I hate them all.

Kiki Stinkertoes in 2008! :patriot:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I said Romney .

Me, too. McCain was mumbling, stuttering and didn't have any real answers most of the time. His rebuttals didn't really consist of him telling us what he was about - but what Romney wasn't about. He was like a dog with a bone trying to "catch" Romney in lies.

Coming from a military family on both sides and a prior military spouse I've been a military dependent for over half of my life. I have nothing but the highest regard for his military service & the sacrifices he made for this country as a POW. But during the debate he was beginning to sound like John F. Kerry!! He couldn't answer some of the questions asked of him tonight & resorted to bringing up his long military service, not to mention the fact that he was a POW.

I think he's a loose cannon and it won't take much to push him over the edge.

TWLs wife

Me, too. McCain was mumbling, stuttering and didn't have any real answers most of the time. His rebuttals didn't really consist of him telling us what he was about - but what Romney wasn't about. He was like a dog with a bone trying to "catch" Romney in lies.

Coming from a military family on both sides and a prior military spouse I've been a military dependent for over half of my life. I have nothing but the highest regard for his military service & the sacrifices he made for this country as a POW. But during the debate he was beginning to sound like John F. Kerry!! He couldn't answer some of the questions asked of him tonight & resorted to bringing up his long military service, not to mention the fact that he was a POW.

With watching the news, I know we were right. But Rommey backed up everything he said. At least what I saw.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Look...

I ####ing hate them
(whatever)
I ####ing hate them
la la la LOSE
They try too hard
and tore my feelings like I had none
Wish they'd go away

I didn't bother to watch because I hate them all.

Kiki Stinkertoes in 2008! :patriot:

...before we end up with a president who will chew the white house to a nub, let's get a few things straight;

You were the genius who said we each should have to take an issues questionnaire at the ballot and that would tell us who we just voted for. Everyone thought that was great as it removed personality and spin doctors and focused just on the issues.

So, now you're not happy with that because you don't like Mitt outside of questionnaires. Right?

So, then your true love, Rudy, bails, right? So, it would seem likely that you would support who he throws his lot in with, right?

That means McCain who I know you don't like.

That leaves Paul who you say is a kook. How is he any kookier than that damn cat? At least he won't chew the oval office to shreds.

SO, how about it? Paul/Stinkertoes '08?

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Can't vote...didn't watch it. Sad as it seems, I lost all interest. On the rep side, I liked Thompson and Rudy..both of them gone.

On the Dem side, I actually liked edwards but he is gone. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he is either on the ticket as VP or gets a high level post IF the Dems win.

On the REP side, VP choice is going to be crucial. Because I really don't see Mccain or Romney beating Obama. I think the Kennedy's started the process of telling the Clinton's they are no longer the "power" of the Dem Party.

Of course, Super Tuesday will shed light on most of it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

I liked Thompson and Rudy..both of them gone.

On the Dem side, I actually liked edwards but he is gone.

...that is interesting; what do you like about Thompson and Rudy and Edwards?

What I am reading is you like a beer, a heavier beer and a pint of pizz. :lmao:

Not trying to be a smart azz. I am genuinely interested in how those three fit in your likes and dislikes.

:buddies: <------ (heavier beer) :lmao:

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
...that is interesting; what do you like about Thompson and Rudy and Edwards?

What I am reading is you like a beer, a heavier beer and a pint of pizz. :lmao:

Not trying to be a smart azz. I am genuinely interested in how those three fit in your likes and dislikes.

:buddies: <------ (heavier beer) :lmao:

Larry,

I always liked Thomspon, I liked the way he addressed issues during interviews, his conservative values but yet willing to show tolerance and acceptance. The downfall for him was his "lack of political" resume. But then again, that may have been a good thing.

Rudy, well I cannot lie. His handling of 911 was awesome in my view. When ever I think about that day and the way he kept people calm, assured them through condfidence and candor. I imagine someone else and just don't see the same result. I may be living in a glass bubble on that, but thats the way I feel. I also liked the fact that he turned NY around, hit the crime hard, hit the mob hard, etc. He was a good mayor based on the record I saw. Now his personal life, well that is a different issue. But then again, his personal life is probably no different than most Americans, he was just in the spotlight because of his position.

Both of them, to me shared some of the things with me. I am against abortion, but I don't think it is right for government to tell a woman what to do. I am against government spending and I believe both of them would have tried to curtail it. Both of them, to me are straight shooters. The list could go on.

If the proverbial "sh*t hit the fan" I think those 2 is who I would want to be in office.

Edwards is unique. I really only liked Edwards as a default. I do not think Hilliary or Obama would make a good president. But I did like his message of 2 America's. Although he got rich through lawsuits and such, I think he was the closest to telling it how it is on the Dem Side. His willingness to stand by his message and not "orchestrate" appealed to me. But then again, that was his political death sentence. I think Obama and Hilliary both change there messages based on the day of the week and the audience.

The problem is, all 3 did not provide the "glamour" that the media needed. Nor could they convince the base of their party which is the bottom line.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thanks...

Larry,

I always liked Thomspon, I liked the way he addressed issues during interviews, his conservative values but yet willing to show tolerance and acceptance. The downfall for him was his "lack of political" resume. But then again, that may have been a good thing.

Rudy, well I cannot lie. His handling of 911 was awesome in my view. When ever I think about that day and the way he kept people calm, assured them through condfidence and candor. I imagine someone else and just don't see the same result. I may be living in a glass bubble on that, but thats the way I feel. I also liked the fact that he turned NY around, hit the crime hard, hit the mob hard, etc. He was a good mayor based on the record I saw. Now his personal life, well that is a different issue. But then again, his personal life is probably no different than most Americans, he was just in the spotlight because of his position.

Both of them, to me shared some of the things with me. I am against abortion, but I don't think it is right for government to tell a woman what to do. I am against government spending and I believe both of them would have tried to curtail it. Both of them, to me are straight shooters. The list could go on.

If the proverbial "sh*t hit the fan" I think those 2 is who I would want to be in office.

Edwards is unique. I really only liked Edwards as a default. I do not think Hilliary or Obama would make a good president. But I did like his message of 2 America's. Although he got rich through lawsuits and such, I think he was the closest to telling it how it is on the Dem Side. His willingness to stand by his message and not "orchestrate" appealed to me. But then again, that was his political death sentence. I think Obama and Hilliary both change there messages based on the day of the week and the audience.

The problem is, all 3 did not provide the "glamour" that the media needed. Nor could they convince the base of their party which is the bottom line.

...for the response. I'm with you on your analysis of Fred and Rudy. As for Edwards, to me, government programs and intervention are the things that wed the under class to governmental dependency and a guy like Edwards, as a lawyer, sees every problem through the lens of assigning blame...to someone else. Clinton framed everything as a 'crisis' in his day, in dire need a yet another governmental solution. I shudder to image what Edwards as Plaintiff in Chief would bring to the nation.

Thanks! :buddies:

AndyMarquisLIVE

I never saw them ask Ron Paul anything. All I saw was Romney and McCain go back and fourth.

Everytime McCain tossed out the word "timetables," Romney bit the bait. :killingme

Maybe McCain should talk about timetables for fixing the economy. It drives Mitt Romney :crazy: everytime someone mentions the word timetables.

He (Romney) is trying to have it both ways.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
:coffee:

:bigwhoop:

"McCain scored his final death blow when he simply said, "Mitt, the answer was NO."

Politics, Political News, Campaign 2008 - Politico.com

I will bet that Mitt will not win. Just like I will bet that NE will beat the Giants....Not just because I like a good bet, but because I like a good bet that I'll win..plus I'm psychic

Last edited: