Gott Building in P. Fred....

mamatutu

mama to two
Maybe with another one it won't be packed?

I think everyone had the same idea that Saturday to get the salt off their car after the second to last snow storm. I don't think it is normally like that when winter is over. At least, I have never seen it that packed before. :shrug:

mamatutu

mama to two
I'd never actually rely on it to clean my car, but it's nice for getting the salt off.

I used to know the code for a free wash which made it better, but I've long since forgotten it and never went back.

That's a good point about just getting the salt off. I don't think the wait would be near as long there! How could you forget the code? That belonged in your safe! :lol:

Chris0nllyn

That's a good point about just getting the salt off. I don't think the wait would be near as long there! How could you forget the code? That belonged in your safe! :lol:

I believe the car wash in H-Town uses brushes, and I'm not a fan of brushes rubbing other people's dirt all over your car, nor do I like the dryers using the same rags to dry your car off as everyone else. More dirt to rub in the paint and causes swirling or "spider webbing", then it's off to the detailer to get buffed. That's another reason I don't use car washes, but I digress.

Pretty sure they changed it at some point.

I don't even remember how I got the code.

mamatutu

mama to two
But since Radio Skack will be leaving soon, I sort of think that old brick building with the small stores may come down too...Didnt that PF by-pass get approved? Maybe, just maybe, they are going to make room for the loop at Rt 4 and Dares Beach....I guess its possible all four corners will be raised.....

I remembered your post and saw this in the news today. Thought I'd share it.....

The Maryland Department of Transportation’s State Highway Administration (SHA) is developing plans to improve travel along Solomons Island Road (MD 2/4) between Fox Run Boulevard and Commerce Lane in Prince Frederick. The project will improve traffic operations and enhance safety and mobility for motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Proposed improvements include adding a third through lane in both directions of MD 2/4, continuous auxiliary lanes, bicycle lanes and sidewalks.
Maps and exhibits of current designs and improvement plans will be displayed. SHA representatives will be available to answer questions concerning the planned design work. Representatives from a related SHA project, MD 231 at MD 765A, which is near the MD 2/4 project, will also be present to explain upcoming construction activity (including a detour) and answer project-related questions.
WHEN:
Wednesday, March 11, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
(Snow Date – Tuesday, March 17: Meeting will be held on snow date if county public schools are closed or if the county’s snow emergency plan is in effect.)You may arrive at any time during meeting hours and walk through at your own pace. No formal presentation will be given.
WHERE:
Calvert Middle School – Cafeteria, 655 Chesapeake Boulevard Prince Frederick, MD 20678

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/23997...improvements-in-prince-frederick-on-march-11/

mdff21

Plaza Azteca is very good....licking the plate good..........

But since Radio Skack will be leaving soon, I sort of think that old brick building with the small stores may come down too...Didnt that PF by-pass get approved? Maybe, just maybe, they are going to make room for the loop at Rt 4 and Dares Beach....I guess its possible all four corners will be raised.....

If and When Radio Shack leaves, I doubt that Mike and Wanda will tear the building down, they will just rent out that space to someone else. PF by-pass? That is what PF Blvd. was for and when they finish, it will come out south of PF around Ken-Mar Liquors. The loop you are probably talking about is the east loop that will go around PF on the east side. It is supposed to go behind Fox Run Shopping Center and come out north of the hospital.

calvcopf

Is Wild Bill the one that use to be called Stinky? Stand within five feet of him, and your nose will start bleeding. Whew!

Yeah, he is still in front of the old real estate office in PF. You can tell exactly where he is based on the all the trash along the road there.

Last edited:

Optimyste

Yeah, he is still in front of the old real estate office in PF. You can tell exactly where he is based on the all the trash along the road there.

I also saw him on Prince Frederick Blvd over by the Food Lion parking lot one day last weekend. But where does he go when it snows?

Hank

my war

And that's what pisses me off. I have sympathy for people who have fallen on hard times and such but when they leave their trash strewn around, we have an issue. On top of that he is a nasty old coot.

Beta

Smile!
And that's what pisses me off. I have sympathy for people who have fallen on hard times and such but when they leave their trash strewn around, we have an issue. On top of that he is a nasty old coot.

The way everyone is talking in here you'd have thought this was the homeless bashing thread. :coffee:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The way everyone is talking in here you'd have thought this was the homeless bashing thread. :coffee:

I think this guy has been "homeless" for the 10 years I've lived here. I moved here April, 2005. I am pretty sure he was either homeless then, or close to it. I don't remember when I first started seeing him, but my boss at the time had lived here since he was in 2nd grade and said the guy had money, but chose to live on the street. He's even gotten a new(er) car [to store his crap in] than I have since I've lived here! OH! and if he didn't have so much crap in his car - he could freaking sleep in that! NO, I do not feel sorry for him, and I would not give him a penny. :shrug:

Beta

Smile!
I think this guy has been "homeless" for the 10 years I've lived here. I moved here April, 2005. I am pretty sure he was either homeless then, or close to it. I don't remember when I first started seeing him, but my boss at the time had lived here since he was in 2nd grade and said the guy had money, but chose to live on the street. He's even gotten a new(er) car [to store his crap in] than I have since I've lived here! OH! and if he didn't have so much crap in his car - he could freaking sleep in that! NO, I do not feel sorry for him, and I would not give him a penny. :shrug:

So should he have fewer possessions in order to make room for himself in his car? Should he pay monthly for a storage unit to keep his stuff? Is a car anywhere near as expensive as a monthly rent? Does hearsay really count as the actual truth? It's easy to throw stones at people who should "have more sense" but nobody knows his reasoning or if perhaps he has a mental problem that doesn't allow him to think quite the same as another person.

Perspective.

Chris0nllyn

So should he have fewer possessions in order to make room for himself in his car? Should he pay monthly for a storage unit to keep his stuff? Is a car anywhere near as expensive as a monthly rent? Does hearsay really count as the actual truth? It's easy to throw stones at people who should "have more sense" but nobody knows his reasoning or if perhaps he has a mental problem that doesn't allow him to think quite the same as another person.

Perspective.

He's not poor, just doesn't pay bills. He's got a (packed) storage unit, and his car is full of trash, not possessions. Matter of fact, he just got a new car and it wasn't long before that thing was packed full.

Bann

PREMO Member

Perspective.
I never presented anything I wrote as truth, I said where my source for my information came from.

I personally do not care what he keeps in his car or where he sleeps. I said if he kept less in his car he would have a place to sleep - which is not outside. I don't care where he sleeps. I said I don't feel sorry for him and wouldn't give him a penny.

He chooses to do what he does. I don't feel sorry for him. That is my perspective on his situation.

:shrug:

Bann

PREMO Member
Oh - and there was also a period of time where "it was reported" (here on the forums) <---- 2nd hand info to me, which is hearsay ... that he had aome illness or condition which caused him to be put in a nursing center. He was gone abt 3 months, IIRC. He most likely had PLENTY of access to a social worker/community liasons who would have helped him reintegrate back into a living arrangement SOMEWHERE. He came right back to the streets of Prince Frederick.

Beta

Smile!
Oh - and there was also a period of time where "it was reported" (here on the forums) <---- 2nd hand info to me, which is hearsay ... that he had aome illness or condition which caused him to be put in a nursing center. He was gone abt 3 months, IIRC. He most likely had PLENTY of access to a social worker/community liasons who would have helped him reintegrate back into a living arrangement SOMEWHERE. He came right back to the streets of Prince Frederick.

Since I have worked with a number of homeless people I've realized that some are on hard times but can recover, while some just can't help their situation. Perhaps he's in the latter category. Sometimes there's no helping mental illness.

I like how because he disappeared that means the source must have been correct (since you're assuming he had access to all of that stuff). Did you ever read or see "Great Gatsby"? I only think of that because I just saw the movie, but it's amazing what kind of stuff is said about people that's completely fabricated. My only point is that unless you know the situation first hand, you shouldn't judge. :shrug:

Roman

I saw him in January, near the Crystal Palace. He was all wrapped up in blankets, waving his empty coffee cup in the air, hoping someone would stop to get him more I assume. I found that a bit odd.

Bann

PREMO Member
Since I have worked with a number of homeless people I've realized that some are on hard times and some just can't help their situation. Perhaps he's in the latter category. There's no helping mental illness.

I like how because he disappeared that means the source must have been correct (since you're assuming he had access to all of that stuff). Did you ever read or see "Great Gatsby"? I only think of that because I just saw the movie, but it's amazing what kind of stuff is said about people that's completely fabricated. My only point is that unless you know the situation first hand, you shouldn't judge. :shrug:

Beta -I don't care enough to judge him. He does what he does and I don't feel sorry for him. He IS an eyesore, and he IS a slob on the side of the road. His vehicle IS, and always has been a pigstye full of junk.

Just because you worked with *some* homeless people doesn't mean you know this guy's situation, either. There are plenty of folks who post on these forums (indeed, threads about him) who know firsthand about him.

I don't give a hoot what he does, and in fact, even when he is sitting nearly in the road, or walking across traffic on a road (with his walker, no less) I always used that as "teachable moments" with my kids. They don't feel sorry for him, either.