Gotta love them Muslims

Vince

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The Washington, D.C. Office of Human Rights confirmed that it is investigating allegations that Catholic University violated the human rights of Muslim students by not allowing them to form a Muslim student group and by not providing them rooms without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

Do Crosses at Catholic University Violate “Human Rights” of Muslims? | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes Guess they should learn how to read the word Catholic in "Catholic University." :lol:

Just heard this on FNC this morning. What part of C-a-t-h-o-l-i-c PRIVATE university do they not get?

Get a life, Muslim nutties!! :lmao:

BOP

It would be nice if they were merely nutters. I fear a more sinister motivation. They are working overtime to make sure America maintains a hyper-vigilance about not offending Moslems.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I heard that on WMAL yesterday morning. They want a room built for them to pray. UFB!!! The animals can go to the mid east if they want to pray.

Dontel58

Can I go to Mosque in Virginia with a Cross and Pray to Jesus or better yet go the Egypt. These Muslims have a nerve but our Liberal idiots will stand behind them.

E

EmptyTimCup

why would any Mosque praying Moslem be 'attending' class at a Christian School - let alone Catholic University

Claim Oppression and Create a Ruckus ..........

Moslems flee oppression of Shar'ia and Authoritarian Gobberments, then consider themselves, anywhere they live and Shar'ia is not the law of the land and work to change the country to the political structure they just fled

or they migrate just to spread Shar'ia

refer to teen in Tenn

punjabigyrl

People choose to go to a christian school/university becasue the school is good.I see no problem attending the institution of choice I do however, think they are being stupid for asking for a room with no crosses...for F*&^ sake its a catholic uni. you are bond to see crosses figures of Jesus and Mary.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
People choose to go to a christian school/university becasue the school is good.I see no problem attending the institution of choice I do however, think they are being stupid for asking for a room with no crosses...for F*&^ sake its a catholic uni. you are bond to see crosses figures of Jesus and Mary.

Catholic University even has crucifixes in the restrooms? Why can't the Muslims pray in the men's room?

newbsomd

you don't have to be a catholic in order to attend a catholic university.

possible reasons for choosing to go to a private catholic university w/o being a catholic: classes offered are a lot smaller, scholarships, certain programs, location of the school..

but obviously the only reason THESE muslims joined this university was to slowly but surely convert everyone to sharia law...AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

..i think it's dumb to piss and moan about having religious artifacts at a religious institution, but pending on the schools regulations....they should be allowed to have a muslim group.

Mongo53

:yeahthat:
Catholic Universities are NOT exclusive, just like their grade schools, hospitals and charities. Muslims are welcome to attend those things.

But, you have to be a special kind of idiot if you choose to attend those institutions then demand those institutions change the core of what they are just to accommodate you.

You don't want to be around Catholic things, then don't go to a Catholic University. I guess this is to big of a leap in logic for people.

But, guarantee there will be liberals that will come along and patronize this garbage.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh pooh - there are hundreds of good schools in this country with 8 or 10 of them right in DC and dozens more in the general area. There's only one reason a Muslim would go to CU and that's because they wanted to raise a stink. If not, they'd have gone to American, or GWU, or Georgetown, or or or.

It's always amazing to me that Muslim activists ##### and whine about other religions not "tolerating" them, yet they one of the most closed religions with no room for "diversity". Can you imagine a Catholic going to IAU, then complaining that they don't hold mass? No, no you can't. Because it doesn't happen.

Tech

One of the news shows was discussing this today, apparently no muslim student attending CU have complained about the so called prayer problem. The complaint was filed solely by the professor from GW. Apparently he has a problem with catholics.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
..i think it's dumb to piss and moan about having religious artifacts at a religious institution, but pending on the schools regulations....they should be allowed to have a muslim group.
No one said they couldn't have a muslim group. They want rooms built for them to pray without crosses or Jesus and Mary. Well like Lurk said, they can pray in the bathrooms all they want. :yay:

newbsomd

No one said they couldn't have a muslim group. They want rooms built for them to pray without crosses or Jesus and Mary. Well like Lurk said, they can pray in the bathrooms all they want. :yay:
from the OP:
The Washington, D.C. Office of Human Rights confirmed that it is investigating allegations that Catholic University violated the human rights of Muslim students by not allowing them to form a Muslim student group and by not providing them rooms without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

BOP

Isn't that kinda like the government forcing religion. That sounds pretty clear violation of the 1st Amendment.

Our Government is proving with every passing day that they don't have much regard for the Constitution.

BOP

Catholic University's Muslim Students Should Have Own Prayer Rooms Without Crucifix, Complaint States

A law school professor has filed a complaint with the District of Columbia Office of Human Rights, alleging that Catholic University of America, a private institution, discriminates against Muslim students.

John F. Banzhaf III claims the school "[denies Muslim students] equal access to the benefits CUA provides to other student groups," according to a press release, posted on PRLog.

The professor's allegations stem from the school's failure to give formal recognition to a Muslim Association, although its law school recognizes a Jewish association, according to theThe Tower, Catholic University's school newspaper.

In addition, Banzhaf says it is unfair that Catholic University does not provide its Muslim students with separate prayer rooms to conduct their daily rituals without being surrounded by religious insignia, such as crucifixes, the press release states.

BOP

The Huff-n-Blow Post I cited above actually has a pretty good discussion going on in the comments section. One of the posters provided the following information:

Wayne909
16 Fans
6 hours ago (11:54 PM)
Apparently the reverse would never become an issue for three Islamic Universiti#es in the US. They do not accept non-Muslim students. Some excerpts from each institutio#n's website:

Islamic University of America: http://www#.islamicau#.org/stati#c/
Our vision is to provide excellent Islamic higher education in the United States. Our endeavor is to serve thousands of Muslims and especially the new Muslim generation#s.

Undergradu#ate Degrees: Imam Preparatio#n and Islamic Studies Teacher Preparatio#n

Islamic Univesity of Minnesota: http://www#.iumn.net/#English/EH#ome.aspx
The mission of the Islamic University of Minnesota is to provide quality, authentic, and relevant Islamic education that is affordable for the general public.

The IUMN Bachelor's Program is a four-year degree program designed to help students acquire all essential Islamic knowledge and equip them to pursue careers in academia or practice.

Zaytuna College: http://www#.zaytunaco#llege.org/
Islam has never become rooted in a particular land until that land began producing its own religious scholars. There are several million Muslims in the United States and rapidly growing Muslim population#s in Canada, Great Britain, and Western Europe. Yet, there are no accredited academic institutio#ns capable of training students in the varied sciences of Islam,....
Degrees: Islamic Law and Theology, Arabic Language

It appears Professor Banzhaf believes that private Muslim colleges can do as they will, while private non-Muslim institutio#ns are required to meet the "human rights" requiremen#ts of Muslims.