Governor Governor Hogan Urges Caution Ahead of Severe Weather Expected Across Region

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
ANNAPOLIS, MD – The National Weather Service (NWS) is expecting an enhanced risk of severe storms across Maryland late Sunday afternoon, Sunday evening, and into Monday.

“I am asking all Marylanders to pay close attention to the updated weather forecasts for this evening and overnight,” said Governor Larry Hogan. “The National Weather Service is predicting severe storms, high wind gusts, and the potential for isolated tornadoes across the state. Residents should take every possible precaution, and stay indoors away from windows during thunderstorms. It is especially critical to make sure that emergency alerts are turned on in your mobile device settings.”

The NWS emphasizes that the mid-Atlantic region is at risk for flooding, damaging winds, tornadoes, hail, and lightning storms every year. Maryland experiences severe storms regularly during the spring and is particularly at risk for flooding, but also experiences hailstorms and even tornadoes. Maryland has had nearly 100 tornadoes in the past ten years.

Residents can be “weather prepared” by ensuring that they know how to receive a warning, have a plan, and practice safety tips.

Residents can also take actions to remain safe by practicing the following tips:

• During flooding, never drive over an area where water is flowing over the road and you cannot see the pavement. Turn around, don’t drown.
  • If a severe thunderstorm warning is issued or you are experiencing strong winds, get to a sturdy shelter and stay indoors away from windows.
  • Tornadoes can form rapidly in the right conditions. If there is a tornado warning or you see a tornado, quickly get inside and go to the lowest floor possible.
  • If you hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck from a fringe lightning strike. More than 98% of lightning casualties are from people outdoors—get indoors or inside your vehicle if possible.

Stay up to date with the National Weather Service and the Maryland Emergency Management Agency. Residents can also click here to download the Maryland Prepares Mobile App.

-###-​

[ This article originally appeared here ]

littlelady

God bless the USA
ANNAPOLIS, MD – The National Weather Service (NWS) is expecting an enhanced risk of severe storms across Maryland late Sunday afternoon, Sunday evening, and into Monday.

“I am asking all Marylanders to pay close attention to the updated weather forecasts for this evening and overnight,” said Governor Larry Hogan. “The National Weather Service is predicting severe storms, high wind gusts, and the potential for isolated tornadoes across the state. Residents should take every possible precaution, and stay indoors away from windows during thunderstorms. It is especially critical to make sure that emergency alerts are turned on in your mobile device settings.”

The NWS emphasizes that the mid-Atlantic region is at risk for flooding, damaging winds, tornadoes, hail, and lightning storms every year. Maryland experiences severe storms regularly during the spring and is particularly at risk for flooding, but also experiences hailstorms and even tornadoes. Maryland has had nearly 100 tornadoes in the past ten years.

Residents can be “weather prepared” by ensuring that they know how to receive a warning, have a plan, and practice safety tips.

Residents can also take actions to remain safe by practicing the following tips:

• During flooding, never drive over an area where water is flowing over the road and you cannot see the pavement. Turn around, don’t drown.
  • If a severe thunderstorm warning is issued or you are experiencing strong winds, get to a sturdy shelter and stay indoors away from windows.
  • Tornadoes can form rapidly in the right conditions. If there is a tornado warning or you see a tornado, quickly get inside and go to the lowest floor possible.
  • If you hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck from a fringe lightning strike. More than 98% of lightning casualties are from people outdoors—get indoors or inside your vehicle if possible.
Stay up to date with the National Weather Service and the Maryland Emergency Management Agency. Residents can also click here to download the Maryland Prepares Mobile App.

-###-​

[ This article originally appeared here ]

I guess Hogan is trying to stay important. He has no control over the weather; much less the state of his state. I did my laundry early in case we had a blackout like Venezuela. Hogan is a rino, and I can’t come to terms with the fact he withdrew the MD National Guard from the border. I don’t really care what he says, but I am glad he beat his cancer. Also, if I/we had not committed to staying in MD to assist children, and granchildren, we would be so out of here that y’all’s heads would spin. I can identify with head spinning because I live in a corrupt state; next to the most corrupt place of all called WDC. I am sure George, as in Washington, is very sad.

Last edited: