Grammys

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Lizzo. :twitch:

I typically don't watch the awards shows, but I was going to tune in tonight because I had heard that Aerosmith was going to reunite with Run-DMC and I wanted to see their performance.

But this chick Lizzo apparently was the opening. Wow. Just wow.

Bann

PREMO Member
Not watching, but I saw this:

So she got a Grammy for reading a book. Or, should I ask, what is Best Spoken World? It's all so stupid.
:yay:
It's lame. I'm back and forth betwen the Grammys and HGTV. If I don't catch Aerosmith & Run-DMC tonight, I'll see it tomorrow, I'm sure.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't remember the last time I watched the Grammys, but I do like Lizzo. What did she do that made you :twitch: ?

Bann

PREMO Member
She's a talented singer, and man, can she play the flute! I can't get past her outfits and nails. The wardrobe choices seem more outlandish the older I get. :lmao:

:ohwell:

Bann

PREMO Member
What did her nails look like? I was getting a pedicure the other day. I mean the forecast is 55 for the next two months that's sandal weather and my feet are busted. Where was I? So this person next to me has nails about 2 inches long with very sharp almost pencil points on them. Kinda like Wolverine. Only beige color.
Lizzo's nails looked 3 inches long.

The "newest" style of long nails seems to be long pointy and talon-like. I think they're annoying looking and not very attractive. :sshrug:

I switched over and saw Tanya Tucker singing something before presenting an award. She is botoxed and face-lifted almost as bad as Joan Rivers.

Bann

PREMO Member
This gal Billiie Eilish is going to be on soon - and will probably sing this song - -

Bann

PREMO Member
NOPE. She didn't sing that one. She sang this one. (without the special effects, thank you geezus)

She and her brother collaborate together.

Karen Carpenter is rolling in her grave. :yikes:

Bann

PREMO Member
There's a DAD GUY, too! :lmao:

I feel sheltered. I didn't know these existed. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Lizzo. :twitch:

I typically don't watch the awards shows, but I was going to tune in tonight because I had heard that Aerosmith was going to reunite with Run-DMC and I wanted to see their performance.

But this chick Lizzo apparently was the opening. Wow. Just wow.
I heard that the band wasn't going to let the drummer perform and made him audition. He ended up suing and I think lost the case. :ohwell: Did he perform with the band at the Grammys?

Bann

PREMO Member
I heard on the news that the young gal with the disturbing (to me) videos won all the main awards. :ohwell:

I guess I don't get it anymore. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I heard on the news that the young gal with the disturbing (to me) videos won all the main awards. :ohwell:

I guess I don't get it anymore. :lol:

Most of the Grammy winners in the last decade, I'm like....no. It says something about this generation that this is the garbage they listen to. And I'm open minded about music - I like it all. Old school rap was terrific, now it's just crap.

Bann

PREMO Member
Most of the Grammy winners in the last decade, I'm like....no. It says something about this generation that this is the garbage they listen to. And I'm open minded about music - I like it all. Old school rap was terrific, now it's just crap.

I told Thing2 today that his Grampy (the Radio Announcer) was probably rolling in his grave! :lmao:

mitzi

I heard that the band wasn't going to let the drummer perform and made him audition. He ended up suing and I think lost the case. :ohwell: Did he perform with the band at the Grammys?

No. He was with them to except the Music Cares award but he didn't play with the band.