Grand Canyon Photos

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Here's some photos from my trip last week. I had already uploaded them all to Yahoo before I saw that somd.com now has a photo gallery. Guess next time I'll try it out.

Two things I must say:
1. Seeing the Grand Canyon is a humbling experience.
2. I was surprised at the amount of vegetation. I walked off the plane in Phoenix figuring I'd see nothing but desert sand outside the city limits. I was surprised by not only the amount of shrubbery but by the large quantity of trees (though they weren't very tall). Although there were lots of cacti, this definitely isn't the desert you see in the movies - that must be some other part of the southwest.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I went to Phoenix about 3 years ago. My dad and I did a guided Grand Canyon tour while staying in Sedona. It was definitely amazing. :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Nice pics! :yay: Makes me miss Arizona :bawl:

But C -- I can't help but notice the bizarre similiarities in the pics between you and Pyle from FMJ. :jet:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
crabcake said:

But C -- I can't help but notice the bizarre similiarities in the pics between you and Pyle from FMJ. :jet:
:whistle:

aps45819 said:
Hey, there's some SMIB blocking the view!
Now this post is a fine example of why I don't give my karma out willy-nilly... It allows me to save it for something good...:killingme

janey83

Twenty Something
crabcake said:

:yeahthat: in the early '90s, we were stationed in Yuma, AZ & we took a roadtrip to the Grand Canyon one Christmas --- absolutely breathtaking.