Grand Funk Fans...

PsyOps

Pixelated
GF was one of my favorite bands in the 70s. I don't remember when I heard Farner became Christian, but I remember thinking "wow, one of our original rock and roll rebels saved!" With all he he was about beack then... a pretty amazing transition. I still love listening to the old GF stuff.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Glad his life is in order and he now has peace. Appears he has been saved for about five years now, and hope he remains not afraid to preach it.

baydoll

Glad his life is in order and he now has peace. Appears he has been saved for about five years now, and hope he remains not afraid to preach it.

Amen to that! Grand Funk was one of the very first bands I fell in love with (..besides Creedence. Love me some Creedence!). And they are one of the few bands out there now whose music is just as fresh today as is was when they first came out. Their I'm Your Captain (Closer to Home) still gives me goosebumps. Mark Farner is one of my all time favorite singers.

Yay for him!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Amen to that! Grand Funk was one of the very first bands I fell in love with (..besides Creedence. Love me some Creedence!). And they are one of the few bands out there now whose music is just as fresh today as is was when they first came out. Their I'm Your Captain (Closer to Home) still gives me goosebumps. Mark Farner is one of my all time favorite singers.

Yay for him!

We sound in similar sync with age. CCR was my first album in 9th grade (1968), followed by Zeppelin II, and then GFR.

Oh, man, cassette tape player/manual record player hot-wired to a single mono-speaker hijacked from my parents hi-fi "stereo" radio/record player sure put out enough noise in my room, and my mom used to trip the circuit breaker just to keep me from blasting the house out.....:yahoo:

baydoll

We sound in similar sync with age. CCR was my first album in 9th grade (1968), followed by Zeppelin II, and then GFR.

Oh, man, cassette tape player/manual record player hot-wired to a single mono-speaker hijacked from my parents hi-fi "stereo" radio/record player sure put out enough noise in my room, and my mom used to trip the circuit breaker just to keep me from blasting the house out.....:yahoo:

Not only similar sync with age but also in taste in music as well. I had all three of those albums myself. :buddies:

Those were the Good Old Days when music was AWESOME. :yay: