Gray hair?

rubyrox

I hope someone has some answers or at least a similar experience. I am 25 and have found the occasional white/gray strand of hair since my late teens. Lately I have noticed a small cluster of hair turning white on the top of my head towards the back. While I am not happy about it, I can accept the fact that I'm going gray "early".

What I am concerned about is that for the past year or so I have been finding these weird hairs randomly spread out on my head. They are black (my hair is a light reddish brown) and they are EXTREMELY thick and wiry. Is this just another form of going gray or is it something else? I have asked co-workers/family/friends and I have googled and I can't seem to find anything that matches what I am experiencing. I'm afraid that one day I will have a head full of hair like this. It's nothing like the white/gray I have or have seen on my mother.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I hope someone has some answers or at least a similar experience. I am 25 and have found the occasional white/gray strand of hair since my late teens. Lately I have noticed a small cluster of hair turning white on the top of my head towards the back. While I am not happy about it, I can accept the fact that I'm going gray "early".

What I am concerned about is that for the past year or so I have been finding these weird hairs randomly spread out on my head. They are black (my hair is a light reddish brown) and they are EXTREMELY thick and wiry. Is this just another form of going gray or is it something else? I have asked co-workers/family/friends and I have googled and I can't seem to find anything that matches what I am experiencing. I'm afraid that one day I will have a head full of hair like this. It's nothing like the white/gray I have or have seen on my mother.

I started finding gray hair as a teen also, it only started me on hair color sooner than most women lol. Seems odd to find hair of a completely different color than your natural color that isn't gray/white though.

FED_UP

You might need to find out who the real dad is.

rubyrox

I started finding gray hair as a teen also, it only started me on hair color sooner than most women lol. Seems odd to find hair of a completely different color than your natural color that isn't gray/white though.

I think so too. I'm hoping to find a reason for it. Thankfully it's not noticable...yet.

CRHS89

I have mousy brown, fine hair, but have occasionally found one of the hairs like you mentioned...very dark and wiry. I don't know what they are or why they are there, but since I have only found 4-5 of them, I haven't worried.

drivingdaisy

I have found extra wavy black hairs in my brown hair, but I have always had them. If I look close enough at my hair, I can see red, blonde, black, and brown strands (along with my 3 gray strands).

Maybe they have always been there, but you didn't notice until you started looking harder for the grays?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have mousy brown, fine hair, but have occasionally found one of the hairs like you mentioned...very dark and wiry. I don't know what they are or why they are there, but since I have only found 4-5 of them, I haven't worried.

I get those textured ones too, now and then, OMG we're all turning into flies? :jameo:

TGB

I have been told that for some people with red hair it'll turn black before white/grey. Hubby has black hair but when he grew a beard it was red as soon as he turned 40 all that red beard is white. My poor son is 10 and has 40% white hair on his head....YIKES. No medical issues or deficiency. As much as he'd like hair on his head he has a skinfade done every 4 weeks so his classmates don't make fun of his white hair.

Roman

I have been told that for some people with red hair it'll turn black before white/grey. Hubby has black hair but when he grew a beard it was red as soon as he turned 40 all that red beard is white. My poor son is 10 and has 40% white hair on his head....YIKES. No medical issues or deficiency. As much as he'd like hair on his head he has a skinfade done every 4 weeks so his classmates don't make fun of his white hair.
What is a Skinfade?