Great Backyard Bird Count...

Rael

Supper's Ready
American Crow: 2
Eastern Bluebird: 1
White Throated Sparrow: 4
Dark Eyed Junco: 7
Common Grackle: 6
Red Winged blackbird: 4 (travelling with the grackles)
House Sparrow: 2
Northern Cardinal: 3
Blue Jay: 3
White Breasted Nuthatch: 2
Downy Woodpecker: 2
Red Bellied Woodpecker: 2
American Goldfinch: 3
Hooded Merganser: 3 (out back of Lowe's in the stormwater pond)
Mourning Dove: 2
Carolina Chickadee: 3
Tufted Titmouse: 3
Eastern Towhee: 1 (saw the male and female separately, but since you can only count them as two if you see them together)
European Starling: 3
Carolina Wren: 1

What the heck is a hooded merganser? :lol: I was going to look it up then thought, no. I'm lazy. I'd have counted the towhees as two, just 'cause.

Here are the tallies for Maryland (you can gets all kinds of details on this page).
Great Backyard Bird Count: 2009 Results: Maryland

belvak

Happy Camper
What the heck is a hooded merganser? :lol: I was going to look it up then thought, no. I'm lazy. I'd have counted the towhees as two, just 'cause.

Here are the tallies for Maryland (you can gets all kinds of details on this page).
Great Backyard Bird Count: 2009 Results: Maryland

We were gonna count, but we were really busy Saturday, and had a gaggle of people over Sunday for the race. One of our friends started counting, but there were too many people around and she lost count! Could have had something to do with the :otter:!! :lmao: Maybe next year!!

We have been seeing lots of different birds the last week or so. Hope that means Spring is just around the corner!!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Attachments

• drake_hooded1.jpg
    drake_hooded1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Hooded Merganser E 800p.jpg
    Hooded Merganser E 800p.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
My favorite is the lil Brown Creeper, I have 3 that feed off the ground under the suet feeders.