Great day at the Capital Challenge

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Well with it raining off and on all day today what better place to spend the day, but up at Show Place Arena watching some of the Top Equitation Riders in the Country. My oldest was very impressed with the eventual winner of the Monarch International’s North American Junior Equitation Championship. It was a boy named Matt Mattel!!! :yahoo: He is so use to seeing mainly girls ride and was very impress when he watched his rounds.

Welcome to the Capital Challenge Horse Show

Before the end of the day he was telling me if the riders got the correct number of strides. Other then the gas money to get there it was some awesome free entertainment to see horses and riders of that caliber.

devinej

wow that is great, i'm glad you and the kids had a good time! and your oldest seems to really be picking up on stuff - how old is he now?

Sparks

I watched a good bit of it online yesterday afternoon. I probably won't get much work done this week either :whistle:

I want to ride just one of those big equitation horses. Just one.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I was there also with BZ, of course I wasn't sitting with her until the boys were gone.

I loved that horse Lion King. His expression was just so pleasant, and he just moved so beautiful.

OH and I found a dress sheet that I must order for Red. Need to find a way to pay for it now. ONLY 300.00 but it is custom-made, and will fit him perfect. SO I will find the money for him.

BZHorseMomE

wow that is great, i'm glad you and the kids had a good time! and your oldest seems to really be picking up on stuff - how old is he now?

Should have heard the complaining he was doing about having to go to watch the show. He said it is boring unless he is riding or showing. Not as fun having to sit there. When he started asking how to count strides, why did they get so close to that fence, why did that horse stop, etc. I was :yahoo: on the inside. I think he is learning there is more to horses then just riding.

He was so impressed with Matt Mattel's horses and was driving me crazy to track the horse down in the barns so he could meet the horse and rider. Now I wish I had.

BZHorseMomE

The LIVE feed in the outdoor looks good today, but the indoor is still has the hiccups. I said something to the camera guy yesterday, but he blamed it on some technical glitch with the service they use to send the live feed out onto the internet. If that were true the outdoor ring would have the hiccups too?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
The LIVE feed in the outdoor looks good today, but the indoor is still has the hiccups. I said something to the camera guy yesterday, but he blamed it on some technical glitch with the service they use to send the live feed out onto the internet. If that were true the outdoor ring would have the hiccups too?

We going when I get back??:whistle:

BZHorseMomE

I'll be there Saturday night.

Did you want to join us for dinner before going to the show?

I was trying to watch the Children's/Adult Amatuer Jumper yesterday afternoon on the live feed, but the outdoor ring live feed wasn't working for me.

Maybe I can tape some of the North American Jr/AO Challenge Cup
Round I today. :starcat:

BZHorseMomE

It's hard to say. You might catch the last part of theses classes.

23.ARIAT National Adult Medal Finals
127.North American Jr/AO Challenge Cup
Round II & Round III Check In

Evening Session 7:30 P.M.
6.WCHR Professional Finals

This classes has the top 6 qualifying Professional riders and they switch horses over six rounds. It's really interesting to see which Pros can figure the horses out and which ones have trouble.

BZHorseMomE

The adorable ponies are going in the outside right now. Don't have time to watch right now so RealPlay is getting a workout. :yahoo: