Great Lakes Reveal a Fatal Flaw in Climate Change ‘Science’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Lake Erie and Lake Superior — two of the five that make up the Great Lakes — broke records for water levels this May. Lakes Michigan and Huron could follow suit.

Naturally, climate change is getting the blame. “We are undoubtedly observing the effects of a warming climate in the Great Lakes,” says Richard Rood, a University of Michigan climate scientist.

But just a few years ago, climate scientists were insisting that a warming climate would cause water levels to decline.

In 2008, Science Daily reported on a study that attributed the decline in Great Lakes water levels to global warming. The researchers who conducted the study said that the drop “raised concern because the declines are consistent with many climate change predictions.”

In 2009, Columbia University’s Earth Institute informed us that “most climate models suggest that we may see declines in lake levels over the next 100 years; one suggests that we may see declines of up to 8.2 feet.”

In 2011, the Union of Concern Scientists said that “scientists expect water levels in the Great Lakes to drop in both summer and winter, with the greatest declines occurring in Lakes Huron and Michigan.”

https://issuesinsights.com/2019/06/09/great-lakes-reveal-the-fatal-flaw-in-global-warming-science/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All I know is that in Phoenix they could use one of those patented Al Gore global warming speeches that is guaranteed to bring on a cold front.

#goreeffect

SamSpade

Far and away the most exasperating part of debating climate change is the moving of goal posts -
and reversing arguments, whereupon ANY change in the weather is a consequence of climate change.

The science is "settled"? ANY science worth anything should be able to accurately predict - SOMETHING.
Actually, it should be very precise, but these guys will now claim the very opposite of a prior claim is due to their
"science".

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
I thought everyone knew that the water levels went up and down as the giant sea monsters moved from lake to lake.

I take this very seriously too.