Great Mills Shooter in Custody; 2 Injuries; No Deaths

black dog

Free America
Come on man, I know you're a smart guy, I genuinely agree with 99.9% of the stuff you post.
As stated, I'm a conservative white guy. I'm a lifetime NRA member and love my guns, I grew up surrounded by them and I'll teach my kid to love and respect them as well. Saying you should lock up the scissors the same way as a gun and ammo is just retarded. If your kid takes those scissors to school and goes psycho on some kids, you should still hold some blame for raising a sh*tty kid who doesn't respect human life.

And I know you're aware of biometric pistol safes. Quick access and can be stored under your bed.

It's interesting that also as a Conservitive White guy I grew up in a home that had a oak and glass door gun cabinet that still is in my father study. It was never locked and I would bet the keys have been anccountable for better than 50+ years.
None of us kids ventured near that cabinet unless that Master Chief had given us the okkey dookey to enter that wood box. It was no different at my Grandfather's , Great Uncle's or my uncle's homes. Along with many neighbors to my father's home in Bethesda.
There was death in that cabinet but it certainly was not from any firearm my father owns.
An Automag pistol sat on my fathers dresser since I was a little kid, it was never touched by any of us. I packed most of his tools and hobbies away a few weeks ago, his home protection pistol had ammo in it from when Lee Jurrus was in business back in Shelbyville, IN hack in the 70's. 41 Automag full of super Vel ammo.
Easily 50 years and it never was needed. But it was always ready, to protect his kids and wife and himself for sure. My Dad's firearms are now locked up for the first time since they were in a store for sale. None of them never a problem, even that second gen scary black self shooting Glock 23C has bothered no one.
( he liked the flames that shoot up when you shoot a compensated pistol )

You just can't regulate morality.. You just can't..

MR47930

It's interesting that also as a Conservitive White guy I grew up in a home that had a oak and glass door gun cabinet that still is in my father study. It was never locked and I would bet the keys have been anccountable for better than 50+ years.
None of us kids ventured near that cabinet unless that Master Chief had given us the okkey dookey to enter that wood box. It was no different at my Grandfather's , Great Uncle's or my uncle's homes. Along with many neighbors to my father's home in Bethesda.
There was death in that cabinet but it certainly was not from any firearm my father owns.
An Automag pistol sat on my fathers dresser since I was a little kid, it was never touched by any of us. I packed most of his tools and hobbies away a few weeks ago, his home protection pistol had ammo in it from when Lee Jurrus was in business back in Shelbyville, IN hack in the 70's. 41 Automag full of super Vel ammo.
Easily 50 years and it never was needed. But it was always ready, to protect his kids and wife and himself for sure. My Dad's firearms are now locked up for the first time since they were in a store for sale. None of them never a problem, even that second gen scary black self shooting Glock 23C has bothered no one.
( he liked the flames that shoot up when you shoot a compensated pistol )

You just can't regulate morality.. You just can't..

My old man had/has the same oak cabinet with glass front. A nice 10 point buck scene embossed on the glass. I too never thought about touching any of its contents without permission. Know why? Because if I did, my ass would still feel the sting of his belt to this day. Sounds like your dad raised you in a similar fashion, no? So then why did this boy feel it was ok to take his daddy’s gun to school because some innocent girl didn’t want him anymore? Maybe he had a history of mental illness, maybe not. Maybe his dad never threatened to kick his little ass if he saw him touch his firearms without permission.
You can’t regulate morality, sure, but as a parent you should know if your kid is lacking that moral compass.

Last edited:

Starman

My old man had/has the same oak cabinet with glass front. A nice 10 point buck scene embossed on the glass. I too never thought about touching any of its contents without permission. Know why? Because if I did, my ass would still feel the sting of his belt to this day. Sounds like your dad raised you in a similar fashion, no? So then why did this boy feel it was ok to take his daddy’s gun to school because some innocent girl didn’t want him anymore? Maybe he had a history of mental illness, maybe not. Maybe his dad never threatened to kick his little ass if he saw him touch his firearms without permission.
You can’t regulate morality, sure, but as a parent you should know if your kid is lacking that moral compass.

Well, sadly we'll never know if he was on SSRIs or not.

A sad ending all the way around.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

so incredibly sad... I truly hoped this would have had a better outcome. Her mom is friends with a few of mine and have been sharing Melissa's updates saying, no change... it just didn't sound good at all. :ohwell:

They are taking donations at YouCaring for those who may want to help the family out. I'm sure this has been posted already but here is the link.

https://www.youcaring.com/melissawilley-1137279

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
so incredibly sad... I truly hoped this would have had a better outcome. Her mom is friends with a few of mine and have been sharing Melissa's updates saying, no change... it just didn't sound good at all. :ohwell:

They are taking donations at YouCaring for those who may want to help the family out. I'm sure this has been posted already but here is the link.

https://www.youcaring.com/melissawilley-1137279

I am heartbroken for the family.

Hawkeyewife

I am so heartbroken for the family. May Jaelynn rest in peace and the family begin to make sense of what happened. Prayers for healing.

Hijinx

I am so heartbroken for the family. May Jaelynn rest in peace and the family begin to make sense of what happened. Prayers for healing.

That's just it, there is no sense to what happened.

I feel sad for both families. Both have lost children because of an irresponsible act.
The fault of a child who just didn't think.
Didn't think of the pain he was forcing on two families, Thought only of his own.

black dog

Free America

I can't answer why he chose to make this poor decision.
It's sad when someone makes a long term decision with a short term problem.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So then why did this boy feel it was ok to take his daddy’s gun to school because some innocent girl didn’t want him anymore?

when you figure it out, you can answer for the 1000's of women killed every year by EX's

this is a tragic domestic violence matter