Greenview Knolls Elementary

K

Kain99

My kids went to GK for a few years... Really great staff but the test scores were a little low last year. :smile:

FirstClass

before the redistricting I think they were alot better, now they have moved some of the washington carver kids over there and some Greenview Knolls kids to washington carver to even out the test scores.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Lauren,
I used to live back there as you know. I have never heard anything good about it. My neighbors drove their kids to a different school b/c of how bad the testing and the teachers were there. If you can avoid it, I would. Try and shoot for Hollywood or Leondardtown. The schools seem to be better. But thats just my opinion.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
the best elementary school in the area (St. Mary's county) is Town Creek...

at Greenview, the K teacher Linda Stoll (sp?) is amazing.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Pete
Isn't that the school right across from the section 8 housing?

Yes, and I didn't realize that at first. :ohwell: Back to the drawing board. It's not an area we've been considering anyway, but just thought it was worth an 'ask' since the house is nice. There's a good FSBO prospect in Hollywood that I'm trying to check out this week...we'll see!

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by PFgal
Yes, and I didn't realize that at first. :ohwell: Back to the drawing board. It's not an area we've been considering anyway, but just thought it was worth an 'ask' since the house is nice. There's a good FSBO prospect in Hollywood that I'm trying to check out this week...we'll see!
The gold colored house across from mine is available again. You can be my neighbor :biggrin:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
The gold colored house across from mine is available again. You can be my neighbor :biggrin:

Well hot damn!! That's got to be the one!! :biggrin: Is it a FSBO, I can't remember, even though we drove by it once a while back?

Pete

Repete
Well hot damn!! That's got to be the one!! :biggrin: Is it a FSBO, I can't remember, even though we drove by it once a while back?
It isn't the FSBO, it is with Long and Foster. They are in a hurt too, they have to sell quick. The one on the corner was FSBO but now I see a century 21 sign.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
It isn't the FSBO, it is with Long and Foster. They are in a hurt too, they have to sell quick. The one on the corner was FSBO but now I see a century 21 sign.

Lemme see if I can find them. :bubble:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by FirstClass
Or town creek I hear they are the best.

Hollywood used to promote itself as the best, but Town Creek has the most active PTA. From what I've seen of schools, what makes a school good is an active, interested parent base. Not that teachers are chopped liver, but even the best teachers can develop a sense of hopelessness when the parents don't care.

K

Kain99

PF you should really look in the North County area... Hollywood North to Charlotte Hall. Better schools, better neighbors. :wink:

Pete

Repete
Pete...have you been in the gold one?? Is it a sh*t shack inside?
nope, typical split foyer, built in the 70's but the selling point is the neighbor across the street and the LT school district and the 15 minute commute. It is not the "perfect" palace like you had in PF of course.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
nope, typical split foyer, built in the 70's but the selling point is the neighbor across the street and the LT school district and the 15 minute commute. It is not the "perfect" palace like you had in PF of course.

The price is definitely nice, but would depend on just how much updating I'd have to do. Might go check it out...