Greenview Knolls Elementary

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Kain99
PF you should really look in the North County area... Hollywood North to Charlotte Hall. Better schools, better neighbors. :wink:

I like all parts of Hollywood, and will go about as far up as the WaWa there off of Rte. 5. Anything past that is almost counter-productive since our mission is to be closer to work/family.

:biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by PFgal
The price is definitely nice, but would depend on just how much updating I'd have to do. Might go check it out...
If you buy it I will even do a 6 month moratorium on nekkid hot tubbing until you get settled in. :biggrin: It is not a bad house. You want to look today? I can arrange it.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Honestly, I would pick the home you love where the neighbors look nice. You have 4-5 years to worry about school. Schools can change a lot by then (even the best ones) and your situation may be entirely different. Kids will make it wherever with the right parental support. You will be a great mom, so live where you are happy and the rest will be okay. Of course, that doesn't mean move to inner city D.C. and really stack the odds in the wrong column. :wink:

If the school is a problem in 5 years, you can worry about it then. Elementary is mostly the same. The real differences at that level are between the teachers and not the entire schools. The major differences between schools are more apparent at middle school and high school. So, pick your house. If the elementary teachers your kids get are a problem, you can ask to have a different one. At that rate, you got 8-10 years to worry about moving to a good school.

Just MHO.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by Pete
If you buy it I will even do a 6 month moratorium on nekkid hot tubbing until you get settled in. :biggrin: It is not a bad house. You want to look today? I can arrange it.

Would you be putting the moratorium on that set of binoculars you keep by the window, too?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Ya'll are some sneaky snakes! :biggrin:

I sure hope he is sneaky with it. I don't want to be seeing that. Of course, if I did, its a good thing we will have the binoculars.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by FromTexas
I sure hope he is sneaky with it. I don't want to be seeing that. Of course, if I did, its a good thing we will have the binoculars.
You should have seen her this afternoon, boobs all hanging out of her shirt when she pulled up.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
You should have seen her this afternoon, boobs all hanging out of her shirt when she pulled up.

Pulled up in a car or from under the desk? Shame on you, PF.

JabbaJawz

Be about it

:blushing: Gotta make good with the potential neighbors.

D said we should get that house so that we can afford to get me some double-Ds... :lol: Then he had second thoughts and said that Pete would always be at our house trying to fix the 'plumbing' and says we should opt for the larger, more expensive home instead. :lmao:

Hey PF,
If you decide to do the moving yourself, let me know and I will help you if I can. I have a utility trailer too.

Pete

Repete
:blushing: Gotta make good with the potential neighbors.

D said we should get that house so that we can afford to get me some double-Ds... :lol: Then he had second thoughts and said that Pete would always be at our house trying to fix the 'plumbing' and says we should opt for the larger, more expensive home instead. :lmao:

smile

I wouldn't suggest that school. A lady I work with, her son goes there and she is having a lot of problems with some of the teachers. Her son needs help in a few subjects and they are just not willing to be hopefully in anyway. The principal doesn't even seem to care too much. She is constantly at the school about things and he is actually a very good kid, never gets in trouble.

smile

Originally posted by FromTexas
Honestly, I would pick the home you love where the neighbors look nice. You have 4-5 years to worry about school. Schools can change a lot by then (even the best ones) and your situation may be entirely different. Kids will make it wherever with the right parental support. You will be a great mom, so live where you are happy and the rest will be okay. Of course, that doesn't mean move to inner city D.C. and really stack the odds in the wrong column. :wink:

If the school is a problem in 5 years, you can worry about it then. Elementary is mostly the same. The real differences at that level are between the teachers and not the entire schools. The major differences between schools are more apparent at middle school and high school. So, pick your house. If the elementary teachers your kids get are a problem, you can ask to have a different one. At that rate, you got 8-10 years to worry about moving to a good school.

Just MHO.

Her daughter starts kindergarten this year. So she does have to worry about what school district she is in.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by smile
Her daughter starts kindergarten this year. So she does have to worry about what school district she is in.

:yeahthat: Plus, I don't want to end up living somewhere that the elem. is okay so I go ahead and move there, but then she'll go to crappy middle or high, ya know. :shrug: I'm not opposed to private education, but don't want to be forced into it just because the schools in my area suck. I like to have the choice to go public/private.

smile

:yeahthat: Plus, I don't want to end up living somewhere that the elem. is okay so I go ahead and move there, but then she'll go to crappy middle or high, ya know. :shrug: I'm not opposed to private education, but don't want to be forced into it just because the schools in my area suck. I like to have the choice to go public/private.

I agree living in an area where all of the schools are great would definitely be ideal. Just hopefully none of them get redistricted like my area did. When we moved there all of the schools were discent and I loved the fact we where in Esperanza school district, well a year lady they redistricted and we are now in Spring Ridge district. My child is definitely not going there!! So private school it is. Even though now we are trying to move, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by smile
Even though now we are trying to move, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

It's been too long since we talked! Where are you guys shooting to move??