Greetings from Biloxi!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See the way I figure it, after I went to bed last night, she got up, went out in the pouring rain, then deposited by bike in the dumpster. Then came back, dried off and acted like nothing happened.

:lol:

But you really did need a new bike, the problem will be in finding one.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The levelers are still jacked up. Really, our jacks are up. And they ain't going down. Not until I can find someone capable of fixing them. 16 years after being built, the rig is starting to show it's age. So far we have swapped out the toilet bowl, bathroom spray hose, mattress, both sink fixtures, the dining table light fixture. I upgraded the overhead lights. 4 years ago I got 6 new tires. And replaced half of the windshield that had a crack in it. Right now a tiny house is looking better and better.
:lol: I seem to remember Vrai making more than one comment a while back, when I was deep into house renovations, about how it was so nice not to have a house to maintain, no upgrades, no major repairs, no crawling underneath.....

Seems you've just traded one maintenance for another... :lol:

And not knocking, just inevitable. Everything ages.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol: I seem to remember Vrai making more than one comment a while back, when I was deep into house renovations, about how it was so nice not to have a house to maintain, no upgrades, no major repairs, no crawling underneath.....

:yay:

The tiny house in a resort splits the difference between home ownership (ugh) and apartment living (which I loved). Someone else takes care of pretty much everything except your actual house, and they have a ton of people around who do that as a business.

The problem with the motorhome is that it's like a car: after so many years they stop making parts for it. It should be a simple thing to take the RV in with a punchlist and they fix everything, but if it needs major parts it becomes an issue.

But this motorhome isn't that bad - like you said, everything is going to require maintenance at some point. Levelers are a problem but we can always level manually with our cute yellow blocks. It's a little rocky with just the wheels on the ground but nothing we can't live with.

PJay

:yay:

The tiny house in a resort splits the difference between home ownership (ugh) and apartment living (which I loved). Someone else takes care of pretty much everything except your actual house, and they have a ton of people around who do that as a business.

The problem with the motorhome is that it's like a car: after so many years they stop making parts for it. It should be a simple thing to take the RV in with a punchlist and they fix everything, but if it needs major parts it becomes an issue.

But this motorhome isn't that bad - like you said, everything is going to require maintenance at some point. Levelers are a problem but we can always level manually with our cute yellow blocks. It's a little rocky with just the wheels on the ground but nothing we can't live with.

No washer?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
16 years after being built, the rig is starting to show it's age.

Having owned a Winnebago Chieftain RV, a number of trailers and one big slide-in truck camper, it's been my experience that even 10 years is "old" for the way they build most of these things. We bought our 24' toy hauler camper trailer almost new and it had a ton of problems we had to have fixed before we sold it at 6 years old. The AC/Heat had to be replaced. The tank level sensing system died. A large section of the bathroom floor inexplicably rotted out (we never did find a water leak). Had to replace all the tires. after it was discovered they were dry rotting...said discovery made when shop was replacing all the dry rotted valve stems... And so on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yay! The levelers are fixed! The guy called Monello and said, "Ya know, a possible solution to your problem came to me in a dream last night.....ya'll gonna be around Monday morning?" So today he came and replaced a part - not the whole part, just part of a part - and vyolah! We has level.

It cost us an extra day in Biloxi because we were supposed to head for Pcola this morning, but that's okay. Monello is currently sleeping off his stress hangover. :jet:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I have to give a shout out to the mobile RV repair people that fixed us up. They did the troubleshooting plus hunted down the part I needed. He fixed a couple of other small things at the same time.

He said business is good. They had 6 other jobs today. There is no shortage of work for them. I met a few techs that began their career working for Camping World. CW pays for them to get trained. Then they owe them a few years in the shop to even up. A good RV tech can easily clear 6 figures a year. If you know a young person that is good at fixing things looking for a career, they could do a lot worse than RV tech.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A good RV tech can easily clear 6 figures a year. If you know a young person that is good at fixing things looking for a career, they could do a lot worse than RV tech.

That bears repeating ^^

Not only would they make bank but they'd could do it in some pretty sweet locations. They could go whole hog with a shop, but the guys who get the most bang for their business startup buck are the mobile RV techs. There is always - ALWAYS - plenty of work to be had in campgrounds and RV resorts.

Heck, in SPI the wash and wax guys make excellent money and have no shortage of customers.