Greetings from our summer detour

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The RV is in the shop getting a tune up and other assorted drive train items addressed. So we are 2 weeks car tripping. I still can't find a place that will change out our carpet for some other type of flooring. We've been looking to swap it out for a while now. Fingers crossed our leveler issue is resolved by the time we get back. We have a work around but it's a lot easier when it works correctly.

First stop was Joplin, MO. We did a quick windshield tour of their downtown. It's not what it use to be but it's not all boarded up either. They have a neighborhood of stately homes built around the 1900s. There was some big money in that town at 1 time. Leaving here we head to Manhattan, KS then Lake of the Ozarks before picking the RV back up.

Currently in Lincoln, NE on the Vrai nostalgia tour. Tastees & runzas on the must eat list. The pool at the hotel is closed. I think businesses are using the virus as a way to save a few cents. No breakfast in the hotel. You can get a bag with a muffin, piece of fruit and a single portion dry cereal bowl.

So it looks like back to Branson for a month then a month is New Braunfels with a few short stops in between.

The best news so far since we are here is that the SPI KOA gave us a Bob Barker greeting. They told us to come on down. So we don't have to scramble to make new winter plans. Our uncertain future was causing some low level stress. That and the associated goings on with the virus has been a pita since mid March. Now we just have to get through the election. We have plenty of firearms, ammo and oil in case things go sideways. I'm saving plastic grocery bags that I can fill with sand from the beach in case we need a fortified compound. We will be fine until the nail polish runs out. There's gonna be a huge NYE party in my future. I'm so ready for 2020 to be over.

If 2020 was a building

Attachments

• 1220_house.jpg
    1220_house.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 233

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Right now in Manhattan. Manhattan, KS. Drove secondary roads. Mostly fields, farms and a few small towns. Very little traffic. We are right across the street from KSU. Hit up Aggieville yesterday. Not many people in town. Normally they would be getting ready to move on on campus. Back to Missouri tomorrow.