Grocery shopping is so annoying

rio

I love grocery shopping for two reasons:

• it fills my list-making desires: a list of meals for the week and a list of ingredients to buy and I get to cross them all off
  • I prefer to go early in the morning on like a Thurs or Friday when it's typically quiet and slow. I can take my time and enjoy the peace and quiet without my annoying family rushing me or adding to my cart :lol:
The peace and quiet without my family... yeah,that was me a few years ago. I used to practically push people to get in front of me in line just so I could be there longer!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I go hungry, I buy everything in the store. If I go right after I've eaten, I think that because I'm not hungry now it means I never will be, so I don't buy anything.

I shop from a list but while I'm making the list beef stew sounds good, so I put the ingredients on it. Then I get to the store and beef stew no longer sounds good, so I don't get the stuff to make it. The next day I'm like, damn, beef stew would sure be good right now.

:mad:
I love grocery shopping myself, a farmers market or a wegmans are the same to me, time to plan to cook something. It’s only when I get home that reality hits me that my wife and have diametrically opposed diets. I love mushrooms and she can’t stand them, I love chunky tomatoes she can’t eat them. I look forward to the days she’s not home for dinner so I can go crazy in the kitchen.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love grocery shopping myself, a farmers market or a wegmans are the same to me, time to plan to cook something. It’s only when I get home that reality hits me that my wife and have diametrically opposed diets. I love mushrooms and she can’t stand them, I love chunky tomatoes she can’t eat them. I look forward to the days she’s not home for dinner so I can go crazy in the kitchen.

Oh, I love grocery shopping, too. Some women can browse for shoes and clothes for hours - I'm all about the grocery store. It's the over/under-buying that derails me.

I'd love to live next door to a fabulous market so I could shop for food daily depending on what I'm hungry for.

ginwoman

Ordering online and simply picking up in front of the store is still gaining momentum. It's become huge.
We went grocery shopping yesterday. The aisles were so congested with people filling bags for the pick-up customers and employees were restocking the very empty shelves. Both are focused on their job and don't give a hoot about the customers that are shopping in person.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
What I find most annoying about shopping is how many times you have to move the product:
Off the shelf into your cart
Out of your cart onto conveyor belt
Off of the cashier's platform back into your cart
Out of the cart into your vehicle
Out of the vehicle into your house
Out of the bags onto your shelves

Ugghhhhh!
Make the first three steps into one.

Go to Giant, sign up to use their scanner. Take a half dozen reusable bags with you.

Sign in with your phone number. Scan, in the bags.

Go to self checkout. Scan the barcode on the scanner, pay.

Still gotta do the last three steps, sorry. But, if you bag just right, some bags could go right in the pantry, take out as you need it.

Yeah, yeah, putting people out of a job, but I love it!

mitzi

The peace and quiet without my family... yeah,that was me a few years ago. I used to practically push people to get in front of me in line just so I could be there longer!

I can relate :killingme. I used to enjoy relaxing in the waiting room at the doctor's office. I was away from the office and my family. A double bonus :yay:.