Grocery Store Hell

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Why can't people just pick up a couple things (the essentials)..... All these crazy people shop like they are going to be stranded for 2 weeks.....I don't get it....:confused:

I had to get my stuffed ham essentials and snack food. Lighten up Francis...

:lol:

There was a line @ McKay's in Hollywood for carts, so I left and hit the L'Town store. Wouldn't you know that they're running 2 for $4 on bread. Well they were before they sold out.

Last edited:
T

toppick08

I had to get my stuffed ham essentials and snack food. Lighten up Francis...

:lol:

There was a line @ McKay's in Hollywood for carts, so I left and hit the L'Town store. Wouldn't you know that they're running 2 for $4 on bread. Well they were before they sold out.

I know that's right........:killingme

Mama_Mia08

Why can't people just pick up a couple things (the essentials)..... All these crazy people shop like they are going to be stranded for 2 weeks.....I don't get it....:confused:

We normally do groceries on Fridays anyway. Plus, since my oldest will be away on x-mas we are celebrating this weekend. I unfortunately had to go to Wal-Mart hell. I think it was crazy because the snow, it being Friday, and the last weekend before x-mas. However, people were still ruder then ever. I purposely only got the things I need for the next few days and will go to Food Lion on Tuesday. I was glad to see that they had almost all cash registers open.

All these peeps are going to be in real trouble if the S really hits the fan. Always keep emergancy rations on hand.

All these peeps are going to be in real trouble if the S really hits the fan. Always keep emergancy rations on hand.

I stopped at BJs to get some batteries about 30 min ago. Long lines, but the thing that was in almost everyone's cart was huge bags of dog food.

Vince

Thats funny. I remember when things you to run so smoothly around here. Then all the out of towners came to southern maryland and turned this place upside down. No common sense and a they drive like idiots. Things used to be peaceful and friendly. Everyone is so up tight and greedy. They are always in a hurry and have no manners or repect for others and very snooty like they are so much better then everyone else.
If you're calling me an "out of towner" you'd better think again. When I got here, Rt 235 was still a single lane from Ledo Pizza and north.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Essentials used to be beer, cigarettes and lottery tickets.
Now that I've quit smoking and drinking I just need the lottery tickets.
Got 'em !

KWAK

Well - my excuse is that I spent from Monday thru last night in the hospital with my son so was legitmately out of most things - including milk (and I go though about a gallon a day). Am I excused??

C

CalvertNewbie

Thats funny. I remember when things you to run so smoothly around here. Then all the out of towners came to southern maryland and turned this place upside down. No common sense and a they drive like idiots. Things used to be peaceful and friendly. Everyone is so up tight and greedy. They are always in a hurry and have no manners or repect for others and very snooty like they are so much better then everyone else.

You couldn't have painted a more inaccurate picture of me and most other "out of towners" here but that's ok. I have plenty of common sense, certainly know how to drive (even in the snow), am very friendly and have manners as well as respect for those who deserve respect. And I'm not snooty either. :lol:

The issue here is pure stupidity on the roads, has nothing to do with where any of us grew up. The lack of consideration on the roads is ridiculous, I'll agree, but surely you can't think it's just us "out of towners" who can't drive.

Well - my excuse is that I spent from Monday thru last night in the hospital with my son so was legitmately out of most things - including milk (and I go though about a gallon a day). Am I excused??

:huggy: I think that's a pretty darn good excuse. And I'm so glad he's doing better. I hope you're able to catch up on some sleep!

Did you go to SW or Giant? SW was a freaken madhouse in the middle of the day. I really thought I'd escape the mad rush, figuring most people would be at work. Never realized so many people must not work around here. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I went around 2:30/3pm today to the Food Lion in Lusby and no big lines and plenty of food on the shelves. Had to go past it around 6pm and it looked packed then.

KWAK

:huggy: I think that's a pretty darn good excuse. And I'm so glad he's doing better. I hope you're able to catch up on some sleep!

Did you go to SW or Giant? SW was a freaken madhouse in the middle of the day. I really thought I'd escape the mad rush, figuring most people would be at work. Never realized so many people must not work around here. :lol:

Aiden is getting nebulizer treatments every 4 hours and Carson is every 6. . . so I'm getting bits and pieces of sleep. But they are soooooo much better! We see the pedi Monday morning so hopefully I can ease up and get more than 2.5 hours at a time!

I usually go to Giant but tonight I went to the place I despise. . . Food Lion. The shelves were raped - but I was able to get what I needed. . . 3 gallons of milk! LOL And when I went to check out there was only one person in front me, and she was half done. So that part wasn't bad either. The SW parking lot was a freaking madhouse!!!