Grossman

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Will say unless there is a defensive Pat's miracle they aren't making it past the first round of the playoffs.

Pete

Repete
Jason Garrett is off my Christmas Card list. :ohwell:

Actually the lineman who let Paul arch through is the one who should draw your ire. The kicker made the one before that and that one should have cleared too except for Pierre-Paul's big mitt in the way.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Actually the lineman who let Paul arch through is the one who should draw your ire. The kicker made the one before that and that one should have cleared too except for Pierre-Paul's big mitt in the way.

I agree. But Garrett's playcalling of late has just completely sucked. Icing his own kicker? Really?

But the footage of Coughlin standing beside the referee like a little troll doll just waiting to call time out to ice Bailey was straight up funny. :lol:

Pete

Repete
I agree. But Garrett's playcalling of late has just completely sucked. Icing his own kicker? Really?

But the footage of Coughlin standing beside the referee like a little troll doll just waiting to call time out to ice Bailey was straight up funny. :lol:

Garrett didn't have any time outs left to ice his own kicker again. I agree, he should have saved one as a "defrost" time out after the Giants iced him :lol:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Garrett didn't have any time outs left to ice his own kicker again. I agree, he should have saved one as a "defrost" time out after the Giants iced him :lol:

I knew we were screwed when he called that last timeout. Too much time left to be doing that. :ohwell:

BuddyLee

Football addict

Technically he didn't ice his own kicker, its just getting reported that way. The coaching staff wanted to ensure that there was enough time on the game clock to actually make the first kick. There was enough time as it turns out, just barely.

Still makes him look like a boob though.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Technically he didn't ice his own kicker, its just getting reported that way. The coaching staff wanted to ensure that there was enough time on the game clock to actually make the first kick. There was enough time as it turns out, just barely.

Still makes him look like a boob though.

Technically, coaches are control freaks who will do anything if someone else is trying. I'd be surprised if there are stats supporting 'icing' kickers works anyway. Sometimes, you just gotta play the game.

Now, the Pats, that little D line shift they pulled on us on the goal line that cost is 5, last year (or the year before) in the snow when the GF team stomped a clean spot for the kicker before lining up, stuff like that, little nuance, in the moment stuff, that's coaching!

:buddies:

Hank

my war
Technically, coaches are control freaks who will do anything if someone else is trying. I'd be surprised if there are stats supporting 'icing' kickers works anyway. Sometimes, you just gotta play the game.

Now, the Pats, that little D line shift they pulled on us on the goal line that cost is 5, last year (or the year before) in the snow when the GF team stomped a clean spot for the kicker before lining up, stuff like that, little nuance, in the moment stuff, that's coaching!

:buddies:

They mentioned the stats on icing kickers the other night.... Stats are in favor of it not working.

Coventry17

Hank, you make the mistake of letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Jason Garrett didn't "ice" his own kicker and it wasn't his fault that his kicker missed a 49 yard field goal. Garrett has 3 Super Bowl rings, came from a coaching family and has a degree from Princeton. Yet, Joe Six Pack on his couch who was a backup lineman on his junior varsity team in the 80's thinks he knows football better than Jason. Redskins fans are the most uninformed and irrational fans I've ever been around. I've lived all over the U.S. in many football towns. Fans in Miami, San Diego, Chicago, etc. are just as ardent as the ones in the DC area. The difference is, they know who they are and have realistic expectations. Washington is a LONG way from being competitive and news flash....your QB is NOT the problem. Rex Grossman is an above average QB, he never should have been benched earlier in the season. You have a meddling owner and an overrated coach who wants his son to call the plays. You already proved THAT didn't work with Gibbs' second go 'round.

Hank

my war
Hank, you make the mistake of letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Jason Garrett didn't "ice" his own kicker and it wasn't his fault that his kicker missed a 49 yard field goal. .

I wasn't referencing that particular game... In light of the Giants calling time out to "ice" the kicker, I was replying to Larry about stats on the subject....:shrug: