Growing Older

W

Wenchy

is a part of life. For women it can have more implications. We are supposed to be beautiful, youthful, thin etc...

I have always been very blunt about pre-menopause (chin hairs, mustache, hot flashes)

I finally got something fixed today that's been bothering me for a long time.

Do you ever laugh so hard that you pee? Cough, sneeze and pee your pants?

I'm a happy, jolly kind of person and my friends would all laugh with me when I wet myself.

I tried the kegels, ben-wa balls, diet etc... It helped for short term but it got to the point I could barely even bend over or walk without peeing on myself.

If you don't want to post about it you can PM me.

I had this done today: A successful new approach to cure female urinary incontinence

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
This condition can happen to women of all ages whether they had kids or not.

The Transobturator Sling was the latest thing 4 years ago when I got one. The surgery took 20 minutes and was a breeze. It's still working well, as the endurance of it was not yet known with it being a new sling.
Did your Dr. give you a "shelf life" time frame? :lmao:

Now I can jump on a trampoline with the kids and not go jump-squirt...jump-squirt...jump-squirt :roflmao:

I'm glad you finally did it! :huggy:

M

Mousebaby

is a part of life. For women it can have more implications. We are supposed to be beautiful, youthful, thin etc...

I have always been very blunt about pre-menopause (chin hairs, mustache, hot flashes)

I finally got something fixed today that's been bothering me for a long time.

Do you ever laugh so hard that you pee? Cough, sneeze and pee your pants?

I'm a happy, jolly kind of person and my friends would all laugh with me when I wet myself.

I tried the kegels, ben-wa balls, diet etc... It helped for short term but it got to the point I could barely even bend over or walk without peeing on myself.

If you don't want to post about it you can PM me.

I had this done today: A successful new approach to cure female urinary incontinence

Yep, just went to have my test to see if I need that surgery myself. They said not yet. :ohwell: They need to walk in my shoes for a while I think!

Oh and I am glad you got it done! And more power to you to be able to talk about your ailments and not be embarrassed! :huggy:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wenchy

This condition can happen to women of all ages whether they had kids or not.

The Transobturator Sling was the latest thing 4 years ago when I got one. The surgery took 20 minutes and was a breeze. It's still working well, as the endurance of it was not yet known with it being a new sling.
Did your Dr. give you a "shelf life" time frame? :lmao:

Now I can jump on a trampoline with the kids and not go jump-squirt...jump-squirt...jump-squirt :roflmao:

I'm glad you finally did it! :huggy:

She didn't give me a shelf life but did tell me I better quit smoking and stop drinking/consuming caffeine.

I've cut way back on both.

It turns out I was worse than she thought (like a face full of pee didn't tell her?)

She had to lift and stitch as well as the hammock.

M

Mousebaby

She didn't give me a shelf life but did tell me I better quit smoking and stop drinking/consuming caffeine.

I've cut way back on both.

It turns out I was worse than she thought (like a face full of pee didn't tell her?)

She had to lift and stitch as well as the hammock.

Can you tell me who your doc is? I mean I think this doc is nuts! I am about to share something very personal everyone get ready to flame me!

AFTER I went to the bathroom he still drained 1 1/2 cups of urine out of me and he doesn't think I need something done! He told me to go to the bathroom every 2 hours and make my self go! :twitch: Sorry doc I don't work that way!

W

Wenchy

Can you tell me who your doc is? I mean I think this doc is nuts! I am about to share something very personal everyone get ready to flame me!

AFTER I went to the bathroom he still drained 1 1/2 cups of urine out of me and he doesn't think I need something done! He told me to go to the bathroom every 2 hours and make my self go! :twitch: Sorry doc I don't work that way!

My doctor's are on the Eastern Shore. Mary Beth Lindsey and Christine Neto.

I go back for a check-up next Monday and she (Neto...because she accepts my insurance) will have me empty my bladder and see how much I still retain.

I'm not sure where Dye had her surgery done, but maybe she can chime in if it's a "local" doctor.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
My doctor's are on the Eastern Shore. Mary Beth Lindsey and Christine Neto.

I go back for a check-up next Monday and she (Neto...because she accepts my insurance) will have me empty my bladder and see how much I still retain.

I'm not sure where Dye had her surgery done, but maybe she can chime in if it's a "local" doctor.

Dr. Jayaraman was out of the country so I saw his partner, a Dr. K (don't ask me to spell it) In LaPlata and had it done at Civista.

M

Mousebaby

Dr. Jayaraman was out of the country so I saw his partner, a Dr. K (don't ask me to spell it) In LaPlata and had it done at Civista.

Dr. J is the one that said I did not need it. I think he is biased because I am overweight and thinks my weight has something to do with it, not the fact that I have givin birth to 3 kids. He really pizzed (no pun intended) me off that day. I WILL find someone to help me!

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
My poor Grandmother had hers stapled up twice.. I believe hers actually prolapsed the first time. She had this done years ago. Then also had a full hysterectomy and she still has trouble.

She just had over 80,000 dollars in surgery a month ago for something unrelated.. How much does that sling thing cost? I might suggest it to her.

W

Wenchy

My poor Grandmother had hers stapled up twice.. I believe hers actually prolapsed the first time. She had this done years ago. Then also had a full hysterectomy and she still has trouble.

She just had over 80,000 dollars in surgery a month ago for something unrelated.. How much does that sling thing cost? I might suggest it to her.

I'll let you know about the cost when I start getting the statements in from my insurance.

My insurance was going away and I have $750 remaining of my $1000 personal deductible and then will pay 80% of what the insurance company deems "feasible". The figures will be there and I will let you know. My doctor and hospital accept my insurance and that is why I went with it. They have to accept what the insurance approves.