Guess what I had for lunch today

Lump

Sliced Trossbach tomato on Pepperidge Farm Hearty White with mayo and lots of peppered bacon and a slice of peach pie made w/Trossbach peaches (test pie before I see Gilligan/SGI) with one of the beers I said I gave up. Good stuff - perfect day for a ride to the Point.
That sounds awesome!!!

I had Kale, Sausage, Bean soup with some Chex Mix

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sliced Trossbach tomato on Pepperidge Farm Hearty White with mayo and lots of peppered bacon and a slice of peach pie made w/Trossbach peaches (test pie before I see Gilligan/SGI) with one of the beers I said I gave up. Good stuff - perfect day for a ride to the Point.
Fridat was my day off and took a drive down there again. On my second round of peaches from there and just put four quarts of peeled slices (2 yellow and 2 white) in the freezer. Plus picked up corn, yellow squash, and a big slicing tomato. Good stuff! :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
All I could get was hard ones - they told me that this would probably be the last week for them so got what I could. Made a pie out of the ones I bought prior to today - really good. I didn't even notice the corn - guess I need to head back - nice nice day for a drive to the Point.
These were half hard/half soft, even leaving them out for a few days. I did eat a couple of the smaller, ripe ones and they were delicious! They didn't have much corn, but I didn't get down there until early afternoon. Meant to pick up a cantaloupe but forgot. :doh:

Had to drop off a cake for a bake sale first in Hollywood at noon, then said "what the hay" and went through lots of little showers down and back. But it was a nice drive and I took a few side detours. One was a stop at the college by the water for a few, enjoying a fresh peach and enjoying the scenery. Good for the soul.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
All I could get was hard ones - they told me that this would probably be the last week for them so got what I could. Made a pie out of the ones I bought prior to today - really good. I didn't even notice the corn - guess I need to head back - nice nice day for a drive to the Point.
SG, did the have an abundance of peaches, or would I be wasting my time to try this weekend? Mommy Dearest always looks forward to their peaches, but life has been too hectic for me to make that trek.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Not really and what they had were not quite that peach color and hard. I did go by Harris Teeters earlier and got some Eastern peaches but I just tried one. They're still a little hard and the flavor is just okay. Gilligan might be SOL on that pie. I'll hit up Giant today and see what they have. Sometimes they carry Eastern shore peaches and I've always had a lot of luck with them.
Thanks. I did take her out shopping yesterday and she bought some "Virginia" peaches from the Russell's stand in Clements. They're large good looking peaches, but it will be a couple days before they're really ripe and I can tell if they have a good flavor.