Gun auction in Calvert

oldbuffalo

Anyone hear about the gun auction this Sunday at the Chesapeake auction house in St. Leonard? Their website has lots of pictures. Looks like some decent stuff.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
They do firearm auctions a few times a year..and take consignments as well...its fun to go to any of the auctions..if you are interested in guns..go.they usually have more than what is pictured.

Vince

They do firearm auctions a few times a year..and take consignments as well...its fun to go to any of the auctions..if you are interested in guns..go.they usually have more than what is pictured.
Sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

bulldog

May just have to attend this. That 30-30 looks nice, but the scope would have to go. Looks like I may be able to pick up some .380 ammo too.
Thanks for the post.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Glock 14, lol. Seeing how the 17 was the first patent to go into production that might be worth something.:whistle:

oldbuffalo

I found out some more information on the gun auction Sunday in St. Leonard: The Glocks they have are 17, 19 & 24. The "14" was a typo. The place opens at 11 am for a 2 hr preview. Get your bidder number at the front desk. New guns have come in this week and aren't on the list. An updated list with more details will be ready this afternoon and available at the auction. One of the new arrivals is a L1A1 rifle. They have an auction tonight (Fri) but it's normal old and new stuff. A licensed firearms dealer will be there Sunday to do the paperwork. Rifles and shotguns have the instant check and buyers can leave with them if they check out OK. Md requires a 7-day waiting period for handguns. Don't try to buy a gun if you're a convicted felon. (Speeding tickets don't count.) If you have a C&R license you can use it for a long gun but not a handgun (Md law). Va and Penn recognize the C&R for everything. Guns must be at least 50 yrs old to qualify as a curio-relic. Good luck if you go!

Last edited:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I found out some more information on the gun auction Sunday in St. Leonard: The Glocks they have are 17, 19 & 24. The "14" was a typo. The place opens at 11 am for a 2 hr preview. Get your bidder number at the front desk. New guns have come in this week and aren't on the list. An updated list with more details will be ready this afternoon and available at the auction. One of the new arrivals is a L1A1 rifle. They have an auction tonight (Fri) but it's normal old and new stuff. A licensed firearms dealer will be there Sunday to do the paperwork. Rifles and shotguns have the instant check and buyers can leave with them if they check out OK. Md requires a 7-day waiting period for handguns. Don't try to buy a gun if you're a convicted felon. (Speeding tickets don't count.) If you have a C&R license you can use it for a long gun but not a handgun (Md law). Va and Penn recognize the C&R for everything. Guns must be at least 50 yrs old to qualify as a curio-relic. Good luck if you go!

If I use my C&R should I bring multiple copies to turn in with the puirchases or just having one copy to show and for the dealer to copy down my info off of is good enough?

oldbuffalo

Only one C&R copy is needed for multiple purchases at the same location. They have a copy machine if needed. Signatures on the C&R must be "fresh" and not copied.