Gun Control (I know, it's probably a rerun)

How do you feel about Gun Control?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b23hqb

PREMO Member
There is already plenty - layer after layer, state after state, US federal - of regulations and laws on the books. We all know guns just don't pull their own triggers.

I didn't get that second option on the poll, either.

RR - what did you mean by option 2?

sm8

There is already plenty - layer after layer, state after state, US federal - of regulations and laws on the books. We all know guns just don't pull their own triggers.

:yeahthat:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I guess I blew it with Option 2. It was meant to reflect a reluctant acceptance of (or compliance with) the waiting period and the paperwork associated with handgun purchases. Sorry about any confusion I caused.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Understood. I bought a new AR-15 two weeks ago. With my Florida CWP, I was out the door in 25 minutes, so I can see the frustrations in states that have such draconian gun ownership laws.

Purposely keeping guns out of the hands of honest, law abiding and law following citizens just enables criminals and the state itself to gain and remain in control of society, exactly the opposite of what our founders and Constitution intended.

The best and easiest way to solve that problem is to vote those that think the state is the answer right out of office.

Winning at the polls sure beats the alternatives that may become necessary down the road.

DEEKAYPEE8569

There is already plenty - layer after layer, state after state, US federal - of regulations and laws on the books.We all know guns just don't pull their own triggers.

"Guns don't kill people; husbands that come home early do"
Larry The Cable Guy

garyt27

INAFJ
More Guns

I heard about a town or county in Ga. that requires people or households to own guns. Crime is almost non existant. anyone else heard that or is that a myth?

Makavide

Not too talkative
gun ownership rules in MD

speaking of guns, grandpa wants to buy my daughters handguns. He lives in GA, they here. I want them to learn how to handle a gun first. And I have never really been much into guns, so:
a) where can I take them that will teach them proper handgun safety?
b) how do i get a gun registered here (st mary's) purchased out of state?

Chris0nllyn

speaking of guns, grandpa wants to buy my daughters handguns. He lives in GA, they here. I want them to learn how to handle a gun first. And I have never really been much into guns, so:
a) where can I take them that will teach them proper handgun safety?
b) how do i get a gun registered here (st mary's) purchased out of state?

1). Look up defensive handgun classes
2). I'm not positive on GA laws, but you'll most likely have to go through a FFL dealer, of state police down there.

dustin

UAIOE
1). Look up defensive handgun classes
2). I'm not positive on GA laws, but you'll most likely have to go through a FFL dealer, of state police down there.
across state lines will most likely require an FFL in MD to transfer it to FFL in GA... cost probably between $50 to $150 including shipping, per firearm for both FFLs

DEEKAYPEE8569

across state lines will most likely require an FFL in MD to transfer it to FFL in GA... cost probably between $50 to $150 including shipping, per firearm for both FFLs

Until MD lawmakers unclench, the average citizenry will be prohibited from acquiring a CCW. Sad but true.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My dad 1st let me handle a .22 at age 5, an old Stevens single shot rifle with a cut down stock. Before that I was taught that any firearm was not mine to even look at without permission and an adult being present.

We had firearms in the house, but because dad made sure we knew about them, with good knowledge about their care and handling, and respect for what they could do...I started "bird dogging" for dad and my uncles the fall after I turned 5.

I've only needed a firearm in a man-to-man situation three times in my life. Once was on duty when I was in the USAF Reserve, once in my home while we were stationed in Nebraska and once in my home while we were stationed in Ohio.

I am glad I had the access and proper training in all three situations.

Every freeborn individual should have the same access and training.