Gun violence is surging in cities, and hitting communities of color hardest

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The surge in shootings has been particularly painful for communities of color, which have disproportionately endured the weight of the COVID-19 crisis, the economic recession and social unrest following the death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis in May.

In New York City, after the number of shooting victims more than doubled from June 2019 to this June, every person who has been shot this July, nearly 100 in total, has been a member of the minority community, according to the police department. And in June, 97 percent of the shooting victims were minorities, the department said.

In Chicago, where minority communities have long struggled with deadly gun violence, shootings have increased 76 percent from the same time last year, with nearly all the bloodshed concentrated in the city's predominantly Black and brown communities on the South and West Sides.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...es-hitting-communities-color-hardest-n1233269

Gee I wonder why inner city residents cannot stop shooting each other

BOP

The surge in shootings has been particularly painful for communities of color, which have disproportionately endured the weight of the COVID-19 crisis, the economic recession and social unrest following the death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis in May.

In New York City, after the number of shooting victims more than doubled from June 2019 to this June, every person who has been shot this July, nearly 100 in total, has been a member of the minority community, according to the police department. And in June, 97 percent of the shooting victims were minorities, the department said.

In Chicago, where minority communities have long struggled with deadly gun violence, shootings have increased 76 percent from the same time last year, with nearly all the bloodshed concentrated in the city's predominantly Black and brown communities on the South and West Sides.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...es-hitting-communities-color-hardest-n1233269

Gee I wonder why inner city residents cannot stop shooting each other
If it weren't for the innocents caught in the cross-fire, I'd be "Meh, don't see the problem."

herb749

You have to give it to the minorities. They are out there taking bullets to keep the spotlight on gun violence since there can't be any school shootings. They are truly dedicated to the cause. Keep it up, we support you.

That might not be completely true. I've seen a school shooting counted as being one across the street from the school at 3am.

Grumpy

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Welfare queens are able to pump out additional targets just as fast as the gang bangers can put holes in the mature targets. So no net loss in the long run.

Hijinx

I still get a laugh now it's communities of color, and after all their crying over being called colored people/.
The NAACP never did change their name, Is this the new accepted term now Colored People again? LMAO
Of course it's the people of color taking the brunt of the shooting.
They are the ones doing the shooting.

If Nancy Pelosi wants to stop it pass a law saying no people of color can have guns.
That ought to work just as good as saying they can't use or sell dope.

Passing more stupid laws will not stop gun incidents, and saying Black Lives Matter is a joke.
Innocents are dying right in their neighborhoods and they march for some phucking criminal.
Are they really that stupid??? They must be ----------------it's a fact.

What a mess we are in and the Democrats are working harder and harder to divide us every day.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
saying Black Lives Matter is a joke.
The more the masses scream BLACK LIVES MATTER, that many more minorities are shot. There needs to be a 3 day waiting period for yelling these sort of slogans.

Hijinx

Lets put it this way.
Who do Black Lives Matter the least to.

The evidence says that their lives matter the least to their own color.
Now I am not making that up
Who is dying and who is doing the killing?

herb749

I still get a laugh now it's communities of color, and after all their crying over being called colored people/.
The NAACP never did change their name, Is this the new accepted term now Colored People again? LMAO
Of course it's the people of color taking the brunt of the shooting.
They are the ones doing the shooting.

If Nancy Pelosi wants to stop it pass a law saying no people of color can have guns.
That ought to work just as good as saying they can't use or sell dope.

Passing more stupid laws will not stop gun incidents, and saying Black Lives Matter is a joke.
Innocents are dying right in their neighborhoods and they march for some phucking criminal.
Are they really that stupid??? They must be ----------------it's a fact.

What a mess we are in and the Democrats are working harder and harder to divide us every day.

NAFACP should be used if they want to be correct. National Association For All Colored Peoples. Then I guess whites aren't a colored peoples.? White is a color.