Guns and MD

Kinnakeet

Why does the Demorat party that dictates MD residents keep passing gun laws have they not noticed that it only effects the good guys and not the bad guys i cannot wait to retire so I can move out of this communist state :patriot:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Why does the Demorat party that dictates MD residents keep passing gun laws have they not noticed that it only effects the good guys and not the bad guys i cannot wait to retire so I can move out of this communist state :patriot:
The desired result is to frustrate legal gun owners to the point that they voluntarily give them up. Add a few more licenses and fees to the mix and then tax ammunition to the point where no one wants to buy it and they'll achieve their goal without forcing confiscation.

The better option is that legal gun owners just move to more firearm friendly states and take their tax dollars with them. I'm seriously considering this option myself.

BernieP

Resident PIA
simple answer is that they are pandering to the idiots that support them because their great great grand parents were Democrats.
It's why we use the phrase, "Bleeding Heart Liberal", they weep for those that are gunned down (primarily in Baltimore).
I mean seriously, would they win elections if they told the police and prosecuters to crack down on illegal possesion of a firearm, particularly by fellons? That wouldn't win them many friends in Baltimore and a few other crap hole communities now would it.

They simply can't help themselves in terms of being a friendly state to business and people who believe in the Constitution of the United States.
Well at least those that believe in the entire bill of rights, in not just the 5th amdendment.

black dog

Free America
The desired result is to frustrate legal gun owners to the point that they voluntarily give them up. Add a few more licenses and fees to the mix and then tax ammunition to the point where no one wants to buy it and they'll achieve their goal without forcing confiscation.

The better option is that legal gun owners just move to more firearm friendly states and take their tax dollars with them. I'm seriously considering this option myself.

It's the main reason I moved to Indiana.

Chris0nllyn

Because they have the power to do so.

Kinnakeet

simple answer is that they are pandering to the idiots that support them because their great great grand parents were Democrats.
It's why we use the phrase, "Bleeding Heart Liberal", they weep for those that are gunned down (primarily in Baltimore).
I mean seriously, would they win elections if they told the police and prosecuters to crack down on illegal possesion of a firearm, particularly by fellons? That wouldn't win them many friends in Baltimore and a few other crap hole communities now would it.

They simply can't help themselves in terms of being a friendly state to business and people who believe in the Constitution of the United States.
Well at least those that believe in the entire bill of rights, in not just the 5th amdendment.
The 5th says the government may not force US citizens to testify against themselves in court

transporter

If you hate it so much...quit....leave.

Don't be a hypocrite...just go.

The economy is "booming" remember? There are jobs everywhere, remember? Go find one or three someplace else. Nothing is stopping you...stand up for your principles that you so deeply hold...just go. You are free to move anywhere you like.

Kinnakeet

The economy is "booming" remember? There are jobs everywhere, remember? Go find one or three someplace else. Nothing is stopping you...stand up for your principles that you so deeply hold...just go. You are free to move anywhere you like.
Yes I can and I would leave if the company Im working for was were I am going in 6 years as they pay my pension..sounds to me like you are a demorat by your kind words.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Are looking ahead to where we will go when my wife decides she wants to retire from NAVAIR.
It will not be staying here.

black dog

Free America

It is booming in the Heartland, **** Maryland it's taxes, laws and traffic.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The 5th says the government may not force US citizens to testify against themselves in court
:doh::roflmao:Don't know why I picked the 5th, It was random and I was being sarcastic about cherry picking the Constitution.

The First Amendment provides several rights protections: to express ideas through speech and the press,to assemble or gather with a group to protest or for other reasons, and to ask the government to fix problems. It also protects the right to religious beliefs and practices. It prevents the government from creating or favoring a religion.
We have laws that can be used to supres speech that is unpopular
We have turned from protecting religous beliefs into freedom FROM religion, unless it's Islam where we grant dispensation to laws regarding security (wear your bruka for your driver's license photo). But a town can't have a display because it mighht offend one person who wants to surpress religion.

The Fourth Amendment bars the government from unreasonable search and seizure of an individual or their private property.
Well as long as it's not a traffic stop where people are led to believe they have to submit to search of their vehicle if so requested.
I think FISA warrants might step on this as well. Also the special prosecutor law and the ability to empanel a Grand Jury.

The Fifth Amendment provides several protections for people accused of crimes. It states that serious criminal charges must be started by a grand jury. A person cannot be tried twice for the same offense (double jeopardy) or have property taken away without just compensation. People have the right against self-incrimination and cannot be imprisoned without due process of law (fair procedures and trials.)

Ah yes, maybe why I choose the Fifth, the power given to the special prosecutor to "investitgate". The Mueller investigation is pretty daming of the law. Sure, they committed crimes, but not the crimes that were alleged. One of the tricks known to be used by a special prosecutor with a grand jury is the perjury trap. Anyone who thinks that the ends justify the means loves the law. But be careful, you might think you are clean, but if this law was used against you, with almost unlimited resources and power, I'm sure they could find something to refer for prosecution, even if it's your faulty memory.

The Sixth Amendment provides additional protections to people accused of crimes, such as the right to a speedy and public trial, trial by an impartial jury in criminal cases, and to be informed of criminal charges. Witnesses must face the accused, and the accused is allowed his or her own witnesses and to be represented by a lawyer.
Trial by social media, give them a fair trail, then hang them. There are a lot of people in jail, for misdemeanor crimes that were pushed througt the system without benefit of some of what the Sixth Amendment calls for. But if the police arrested them, they must be guilty, no need for a trail or a defense.