Guy getting his ass handed to him in the RV group

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He says:

Now I'm sure that the rules of etiquette for rvs and campers is well-known and discussed frequently. But here's a new situation to address and it falls under minimumizing the time for blocking the through road in the park.

Most parks have one way loops for accessing the sites. These roads are usually pretty narrow so it is difficult or impossible to get by someone stopped on the road, especially large rvs.

The rule is, be prepared and practiced at setting up on your site. If you have an issue, try to get out of the way to let traffic through. Don't stop, put on your warning flashers while you wait for someone in your party to show up or to wait for your partner to move tables, fire pits, sweep the site, lay down tarps, etc. This is common sense and shows respect for all other people that may be affected.

So... now we have a new situation that has arisen due to toy haulers.

My across the street neighbor pulled his 40 foot tor hauler out of his site and pulled straight on the street. He then stopped, put his flashers on, walked back to the rear of his 60 foot rig, unmatched and dropped the ramp. He then walked to the back of the site, started his motorcycle, and drove it into the trailer, walked out, lifted the ramp, latched it, then proceeded to try to back back into his site as he was not leaving till the next day.

Keep in mind the park has a 150 foot parking lot that was and usually is nearly empty. Now, in his defense, he only took about 6-8 minutes to do that but that's quite a bit of time if you were waiting to get to the office before it closes or some other reason when it could have been avoided.

So what did he do that was disrespectful of other people around him? I can list at least three issues.

Or do you think it was not disrespectful?

TLDR:

He's bent because a guy in a toy hauler blocked the campground road for 6-8 minutes while he was stowing his motorcycle.

I'm not sure what this goober wanted the guy to do, but needless to say the thread didn't go the way he thought it would. Impatience and RVing don't mix, and most everyone told him that in varying degrees of politeness.

:lol:

limblips

PREMO Member
He says:

TLDR:

He's bent because a guy in a toy hauler blocked the campground road for 6-8 minutes while he was stowing his motorcycle.

I'm not sure what this goober wanted the guy to do, but needless to say the thread didn't go the way he thought it would. Impatience and RVing don't mix, and most everyone told him that in varying degrees of politeness.

He obviously doesn't understand that RVing and camping is supposed to be relaxing. When we are out with the trailer I don't even get too pi$$ed with the liberal radio jerks!

TheRadargod

I can't think of a campground situation where three other neighbors WOULDN'T be there to help ratchet the bike down, check the hitch or give guidance back in to the spot. And toss around a beverage or two. Then there's the other 1%.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
He says:

TLDR:

Sounds like Mr. Dick is jealous of the guy with the 60ft. rig. 🤔

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't think of a campground situation where three other neighbors WOULDN'T be there to help ratchet the bike down, check the hitch or give guidance back in to the spot. And toss around a beverage or two. Then there's the other 1%.

This this this! That's typically how it goes - people are like, "Hey can I give you a hand?" instead of standing there tapping their huffy foot with annoyance.

I should go check on that thread and see if he's closed or deleted it yet..... :lol: