Gym HELP

Josimmon

SMAC is very popular in Mech. It has spinning :)

I work for Jazzercise in Hughesville

There is Curves in charlotte Hall, next to the Post Office behind Pizza Hotline

I have thought about joining the Jazzercise but you are not open during the day. I work in Hughesville close by and would LOVE a class on my lunch break. I live in Lusby so your evening classes would never work for me and your morning classes are when I have to be at work.

lil_daisy

I'm not sure what your work hours are,,, there are 8 AM classes. The owner teaches most of them. Our formats change every couple months, keep checking in. we have quite a variety,

Josimmon

I'm not sure what your work hours are,,, there are 8 AM classes. The owner teaches most of them. Our formats change every couple months, keep checking in. we have quite a variety,

No 8 am classes are too late for me. I am at work by 7 or 8. I will keep checking though...

morris63

Hi all... I am new to the area and am looking to join a gym. Where do you recommend? Where do you go?:howdy:

I would check into a closer place since you live near Leonardtown. If you like an all women's gym, I would go to Creative Touch in Leonardtown. They have a 14 fitness machines and they customize your workout. They also have three treadmills, two elipticles and bikes. I joined a few months ago since Curves in Leonardtown closed. It is not a franchise and the machines are wonderful! You can call them at 301-997-1145. I didn't pay a startup fee. Also, they have a full salon and spa in the same building. Check it out.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I would check into a closer place since you live near Leonardtown. If you like an all women's gym, I would go to Creative Touch in Leonardtown. They have a 14 fitness machines and they customize your workout. They also have three treadmills, two elipticles and bikes. I joined a few months ago since Curves in Leonardtown closed. It is not a franchise and the machines are wonderful! You can call them at 301-997-1145. I didn't pay a startup fee. Also, they have a full salon and spa in the same building. Check it out.

spam much?:bigwhoop:

T

toppick08

Me too.........:buddies:

The one in the square is nice and big....:howdy:

I worked out at the St. Mary's Square location this morning and had a real good un'. Better overall equip. than the Leonardtown gym....IMO.

wishes26

Hi all... I am new to the area and am looking to join a gym. Where do you recommend? Where do you go?:howdy:

I recommend the curves gym or Maximum in the Shoppers Shopping center. Only because world gym has no policy on sick kids obviously several people were notified a week after going that their child may have been exposed to meningitis.

I also like maximum because they have a room for just woman

mrmensa

I recommend the curves gym or Maximum in the Shoppers Shopping center. Only because world gym has no policy on sick kids obviously several people were notified a week after going that their child may have been exposed to meningitis.

FORGET MAXIMUM!!!!!!!! If you want a place that is run by professionals.......go to ProFitness in Wildewood! Mark is a great guy and the gym is clean and there are not a bunch of "kids" hanging out at the front desk.

signora

FORGET MAXIMUM!!!!!!!! If you want a place that is run by professionals.......go to ProFitness in Wildewood! Mark is a great guy and the gym is clean and there are not a bunch of "kids" hanging out at the front desk.

I belong to Maximum - I think it's a nice gym and whenever I have gone, I don't see a bunch of "kids" hanging out at the front desk. I think the staff at the desk is friendly where they always acknowledge you when you come in and leave.

If your there to work out and the cardio machines, weights, etc., at Maximum are nowhere near the front desk why is it an issue whose hanging out at the front desk? If it was causing a problem w/the members then I would think Management would stop it.

B

Big Fatty

I hate to dog my gym but when some donkey gets on here bashing other gyms..... :pete:

Three out of the 6 treadmills today were not functioning at ProFitness. That is half not working. That sucks. :mad:

I have trained at Maximum and even done a few powerlifting competitions there. Not a bad gym. Nicely set up. Lots of space. Lots of equipment. The only reason why my family and I don't go there is location. Too far from home and not in my home to work commute.

Every gym in this tri-county area has issues. I suggest anyone contemplating joing a gym just pick one based on location/convenience. If you have kids, definitely evaluate childcare. For the most part, everything else is a wash.

I have worked at or trained at every gym in the tri-county area(except the Women's Only gyms). I cannot say that any one of them is overwhelmingly better than another. I like ProFitness in Wildewood because I have become comfortable there and it is convenient based on my home to work commute. Mark is ok and the staff there is fine. I would say the same for the other gyms though too.

cvizzy

That is not a fair statement about World Gym and sick kids, I know for a fact several people have been told they can not drop kid(s) off because they are sick or if the kid(s) show signs after being dropped off the parents have to take them out. As well as the meningitis issue, that would have happened whether at a gym, school, church you name it, not fair to blame it on the gym. Unless they withheld the information but most of the time it is found out after the exposure happens and then people are notified accordingly.

I personally like World Gym and they are very family friendly. But each person has to decide for themselves and I think the person who said to try the gyms gave the best advice.

GetFitBeHealthy

If you haven't checked it out yet, look at Maximum gym in San Souchi. I used to be a member over at Pro Fitness (now World Gym) in Lexington Park. I heard some good things about Maximum and went to check it out, awesome gym. Much bigger and cleaner than World Gym. They also have GREAT classes, childcare, and the staff is not only friendly but very well informed. I am hooked. Its nice when you actually look forward to working out!

T

toppick08

Pro Fitness in Wildwood........Home of Big Fatty, War, Me.:diva:, and Mighty Mouse..

:yay:

fitnessqueen

Maximum

Hi. i have tried all the gyms in this area, I have lived here my whole life and Maximum is by far the best gym. I actually left World Gym to come here. Some really good trainers moved there too from other local gyms as well. The classes are amazing! All of the trainers know their stuff and people love to come back week after week for their classes. I take a power pump class and an Abs class on the regular. On Fridays they offer a different type of class each week.. this week is a striptease workout, we did belly dancing a couple weeks ago. They have a beach body bootcamp going on right now as well. On top of the awesome classes and instructors i love the professional staff, they make you feel welcome and appreciated. The members are all especially kind and make it a very comfortable atmosphere to work out in. Maximum is definately the most spacious and has all of the newest equipment available. I recommend this gym to anyone and everyone in the area....I love it.

warneckutz

PRO FITNESS

I could go on and on about why I love it, but you've got to try it to see how you like it. :yay:

fitnessqueen

Maximum

If you haven't checked it out yet, look at Maximum gym in San Souchi. I used to be a member over at Pro Fitness (now World Gym) in Lexington Park. I heard some good things about Maximum and went to check it out, awesome gym. Much bigger and cleaner than World Gym. They also have GREAT classes, childcare, and the staff is not only friendly but very well informed. I am hooked. Its nice when you actually look forward to working out!

I agree, Maximum is by far the biggest and cleanest gym in the area. i love the classes and the instructors. Working out there is fun, the other members are great.