GYN Recommendations

flyingdog

I really like Dr. Tilley.

Dr Lawrence E Tilley

Address: 23000 Moakley St, Leonardtown, MD 20650

Phone:(301) 475-8599

wunsent

Southern Maryland Women's Health in Leonardtown. They've taken great care of me.

I've not heard good things about Dr. Tilley. He wouldn't address the issues with one friend so she had to find a new GYN to get things fixed. Another was pregnant and he didn't notice any issues with the baby during the pregnancy. The baby was gone within a month of birth. The issues that were there should have been caught beforehand to prepare the parents.

Urbanite

Any recommendations on a good GYN in Charles, Calvert, or St Marys? Thanks

I want to tell you that Dr Michael Hotchkiss, in Waldorf saved my mom's life, I can not say enough wonderful things about him, his staff - he's the best, his phone number is

Phone: 301-456-4459

Hope this helps

keekee

Southern Maryland Women's Health in Leonardtown. They've taken great care of me.

I've not heard good things about Dr. Tilley. He wouldn't address the issues with one friend so she had to find a new GYN to get things fixed. Another was pregnant and he didn't notice any issues with the baby during the pregnancy. The baby was gone within a month of birth. The issues that were there should have been caught beforehand to prepare the parents.

I don't know this Dr. Tilley but that's not really fair. I can tell you that doctors are not psychics, and pregnancies end themselves for all sorts of reasons. I lost a baby years ago in the first trimester, and I can say that Dr. Bowes was very sad to tell us the news, but it was obviously not his fault. I already knew before I went for my visit - I could feel it. But regardless - it happens fairly commonly in the first trimester.

sockgirl77

I don't know this Dr. Tilley but that's not really fair. I can tell you that doctors are not psychics, and pregnancies end themselves for all sorts of reasons. I lost a baby years ago in the first trimester, and I can say that Dr. Bowes was very sad to tell us the news, but it was obviously not his fault. I already knew before I went for my visit - I could feel it. But regardless - it happens fairly commonly in the first trimester.

Well I know Dr. Tilley. He was the on-call doc at SMH a few times that I was there. He was rude. I've been in his office with a few different friends during their pregnancies and he was just short and abrupt with them. I'd venture to say that he was just rude to them. He actually acting like an ass to my one friend who was a first-time mom when she asked questions about the way she was feeling. In saying that, all of my great aunts use him for GYN purposes and the swear by him. I swear by Dr. Polko and her staff, but I'd be very happy if she never got another patient again. I can't get an appointment for months at a time.

mamatutu

mama to two
Hmmm...is this because of Obamacare? You can combine your exercise time and a visit to your OB/GYN all in the same place.

:roflmao: Very funny thread!

Terry, I recommend Dr. Michelle Johnson @ Calvert OB/GYN Assoc. She is great! My daughter and I have been going to her for years. Also, the office staff and environment is very nice.

Last edited: