Had to call 911 this morning

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I went out to feed up and there were two large pit bulls attacking my riding horses. The horses were obviously hot and tired from keeping the dogs off their legs for a while. Deputy's showed up while I was standing on top of the fence, I don't trust pit bulls. Animal control showed up and caught the dogs. I checked out the horses after that and looks like Bandit got one tooth mark scratch that took the bark off of him on his back leg but no puncture wounds that I can see. I'm glad this turned out ok, if those dogs had gotten into my pregnant mini mares the outcome would of been a lot worse. To whomever lets their pit bulls roam. Next time a dog is attacking my horses, I will shoot first and call 911 second. It just happened too fast this time and I didn't have my gun on me. They were huge, the biggest pit bulls I've ever seen. No collar or info on them. I think I need a drink, it's afternoon somewhere...........

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I went out to feed up and there were two large pit bulls attacking my riding horses. The horses were obviously hot and tired from keeping the dogs off their legs for a while. Deputy's showed up while I was standing on top of the fence, I don't trust pit bulls. Animal control showed up and caught the dogs. I checked out the horses after that and looks like Bandit got one tooth mark scratch that took the bark off of him on his back leg but no puncture wounds that I can see. I'm glad this turned out ok, if those dogs had gotten into my pregnant mini mares the outcome would of been a lot worse. To whomever lets their pit bulls roam. Next time a dog is attacking my horses, I will shoot first and call 911 second. It just happened too fast this time and I didn't have my gun on me. They were huge, the biggest pit bulls I've ever seen. No collar or info on them. I think I need a drink, it's afternoon somewhere...........

I heard something about Animal Control heading out while driving home from work. I guess that what this was all about.

Hopefully they will deal with the owners in a fashion that will make them think twice about letting their dogs roam.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I'm sorry that happened! :huggy: These azzholes that let their dogs run, no matter what breed, should not have the pleasure of being a dog owner! My neighbor's pit used to run and was an unaltered male. He ran to a house down the steet, ripped through the screen door and humped the dog inside, the dog inside was in heat. :smack: these people for not being responsible dog owners.

Thats crazy that you don't know who these dogs belong to. If I were you I'd be scouring the neighborhood because next time it could be your pregnant mini.

I heard something about Animal Control heading out while driving home from work. I guess that what this was all about.

Hopefully they will deal with the owners in a fashion that will make them think twice about letting their dogs roam.

Since there was no collar on them hopefully they will put the dogs down for what they have done. They have mamed another animal now and have that taste in their mouth they will NOT be adoptable from a shelter. The owners obvuosly don't care about them to put a tag on them. I love animals but when they intentionally hurt another like that they need to be taken care of.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Since there was no collar on them hopefully they will put the dogs down for what they have done. They have mamed another animal now and have that taste in their mouth they will NOT be adoptable from a shelter. The owners obvuosly don't care about them to put a tag on them. I love animals but when they intentionally hurt another like that they need to be taken care of.

Not that it makes it any better what if they are chipped? If they find the dogs and they are scan able then they can find the owners and they can be bought to justice.

devinej

good grief. that is so horribel, wish one of your horses had laid a well aimed kick and that would be then end of that!!

i don't understand about pitt bulls. if they are so aggressive, why do people like them? i know i know...because they are so aggressive...course i have met a couple nice ones - but their owners were responisible and trained them, socialized them, etc. i guess there just are not too many of those people out there.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
good grief. that is so horribel, wish one of your horses had laid a well aimed kick and that would be then end of that!!

i don't understand about pitt bulls. if they are so aggressive, why do people like them? i know i know...because they are so aggressive...course i have met a couple nice ones - but their owners were responisible and trained them, socialized them, etc. i guess there just are not too many of those people out there.

I am sure there are decent pitbulls out there. I have yet to meet one. My neighbors keeps getting out and I have to round him up to get him back in the fenced in back yard because his wife is too scared of the thing. It stands there barking at me and I am usually able to shew it back to it's yard. I like animals but that thing gets out and hurts one of these kids around here and I'll slice it's neck open.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)

Wow, I'm so glad the outcome wasn't worse and that your horses were able to keep the pit bulls at bay until Animal Control arrived. I can't imagine if you hadn't been home.

Sure hope they can find these owners and that they don't own anymore dogs.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I am sure there are decent pitbulls out there. I have yet to meet one. My neighbors keeps getting out and I have to round him up to get him back in the fenced in back yard because his wife is too scared of the thing. It stands there barking at me and I am usually able to shew it back to it's yard. I like animals but that thing gets out and hurts one of these kids around here and I'll slice it's neck open.

I probably looked a bit foolish standing up on the fence when help arrived, didn't get down till they had both dogs contained. I don't trust any stray dog I don't know and I would never trust a pit bull. Everyone did a great job getting the dogs into the cages on the truck. The deputy's responded very fast, I would say not more than two minutes after I called. I would like to thank all of you, and Eddie Boswell for doing a great and professional job. :huggy::huggy:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I probably looked a bit foolish standing up on the fence when help arrived, didn't get down till they had both dogs contained. I don't trust any stray dog I don't know and I would never trust a pit bull. Everyone did a great job getting the dogs into the cages on the truck. The deputy's responded very fast, I would say not more than two minutes after I called. I would like to thank all of you, and Eddie Boswell for doing a great and professional job. :huggy::huggy:

Heck I might have been up on the fence with ya. Those dogs had tasted blood and were obviously worked up. No sense in taking chances. Call someone with a gun.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I am sure there are decent pitbulls out there. I have yet to meet one. .

There certainly are, I've met a couple. It depends very largely on training and socialization as DevineJ said. I used to own a Rotty, another large "aggressive" breed. He was the sweetest dog, but he was protective of his humans and once defended my brother when he was younger...maybe 12? when a female chow tried to attack him on a walk. However, he never even pulled the leash out of my brother's hand and didn't run off or follow the other dog.

BeenSpurred, I'm sorry to hear about your horses, but I'm glad the injuries were minor.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
You reacted a lot better than I would have. My hubby's gun would have been used, granted I would have shot in the air since I can't hit the broad side of a barn. Your poor horses.

I do love mini's. There one where I keep my horse that is so cute.

I have met some very sweet pit bulls, and also have met some not so nice.

Last edited:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
There certainly are, I've met a couple. It depends very largely on training and socialization as DevineJ said. I used to own a Rotty, another large "aggressive" breed. He was the sweetest dog, but he was protective of his humans and once defended my brother when he was younger...maybe 12? when a female chow tried to attack him on a walk. However, he never even pulled the leash out of my brother's hand and didn't run off or follow the other dog.

BeenSpurred, I'm sorry to hear about your horses, but I'm glad the injuries were minor.

Yep, I know they are out there or folks would not like them so much. The one accross the street has gotten out and bitten a kid once but his/her father was with them and did go talk to the owner. They were just walking down the street in front of the house. I dunno the outcome but the dog is still there. I have nothing against it but I am mindful that these folks are not home allot and the dog is left unattended most of the time so it probably has not gotten the training and socialization you suggest.

A few times I have had to shew the back back into it's yard and close the gate I had several neighbors around yelling "GOOD JOB" and such as they are a bit uncomfortable approaching it as well. But I seem to be the younger/stupider of the bunch here so I take it upon myself to get the dog put back up before some kid or jogger comes along and gets the dog riled up.

I hope I never have to take the dog out but to be honest I can kinda see the writing on the wall.

Sparks

OMG - Glad they are ok. I would have shot the little bastards and then called the police. Then went looking for the owner!

Devine - pitbulls are not all bad. It's how they are raised and treated that makes them mean.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!

BTW, Did the police happen to mention that they would try to locate the owner and if they did would at least stop by and keep you up to date on this?