Had to call 911 this morning

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Wow I am glad all is ok...

Years ago I had a mare/foal and a goat...dogs killed my goat and ran the hell out of the mare/foal...foals legs were all bit up...we never found the dogs.. :bawl: We did shoot a neighbors dog for killing chickens..you have to protect what is yours...I am so sorry you had to go through this...good luck in the future..be ready...shoot..do not call anyone..dispose...:huggy:

SPF001

On our place it's called SSS Shoot, Shovel and Shut up. I heard of one guy getting into trouble for animal abuse for removing loose dogs from his farm.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
BTW, Did the police happen to mention that they would try to locate the owner and if they did would at least stop by and keep you up to date on this?

They asked if I knew who's dogs they were and I told them I had never seen them before. The deputy was talking to animal control to see if he knew the owners but I don't think he did. I believe they were going to try and find the owners but never said they would come back with a follow up, that I will have to wait and see if it happens.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Wow I am glad all is ok...

Years ago I had a mare/foal and a goat...dogs killed my goat and ran the hell out of the mare/foal...foals legs were all bit up...we never found the dogs.. :bawl: We did shoot a neighbors dog for killing chickens..you have to protect what is yours...I am so sorry you had to go through this...good luck in the future..be ready...shoot..do not call anyone..dispose...:huggy:

Thanks for the advice, I might just do that. The horses were hot from having to play keep away and from kicking out at them. The dogs were panting bad and laying down now and then, I guess tired from causing hell but would get back up and start all over again. I'm just glad the horses came out of it in one piece.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Thanks for the advice, I might just do that. The horses were hot from having to play keep away and from kicking out at them. The dogs were panting bad and laying down now and then, I guess tired from causing hell but would get back up and start all over again. I'm just glad the horses came out of it in one piece.

I am sorry to hear about that. I'd take you out for a drink or two if I was closer. I think I need a few myself!!:whistle::buddies:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Wow Spur'd I'm surprised you didn't shoot them. I would have,but then again if ya don't have the chance to get the gun and then worry about your own life on top of it...I shoot at anything that is stray at my farm.If it comes back the second time it's dead...of course except for ground hogs....Glad the babies are ok...

Spicober

There certainly are, I've met a couple. It depends very largely on training and socialization as DevineJ said. I used to own a Rotty, another large "aggressive" breed. He was the sweetest dog, but he was protective of his humans and once defended my brother when he was younger...maybe 12? when a female chow tried to attack him on a walk. However, he never even pulled the leash out of my brother's hand and didn't run off or follow the other dog.

BeenSpurred, I'm sorry to hear about your horses, but I'm glad the injuries were minor.

Very well said. I OWN 2 female pitt bulls. They are EXTREMELY loyal LOVING animals towards people. Pitts (along with a variety of breeds) are certainly not meant for some people to own, unfortunately in the wrong hands pitts are dangerous animals. I do believe that the little yapper dogs are sometimes dagerous to but they dont do the damage that a pitt or rottie or dobie can potentially do when they bite. Both of my dogs have been raised with children and have been well socialized. I am very sorry that happened to you. I hope that the owners are responsible pet owners and take responsiblity for what happened at your place.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Wow! I'm sure glad your horses and ponies are safe. We had 5 goats killed here in spring by a roving pittbull. I have 2 mini ponies now myself and I'm always on the altert for strays these days. I fenced off the remaining front of my property but you can't stop a determined dog from getting in. I hope they find the owners!

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
They asked if I knew who's dogs they were and I told them I had never seen them before. The deputy was talking to animal control to see if he knew the owners but I don't think he did. I believe they were going to try and find the owners but never said they would come back with a follow up, that I will have to wait and see if it happens.

Sure would be nice if someone would follow up on this with you and let you know where the owners lived in case they decided to retrieve the dogs or even buy new ones.

Robin

I went out to feed up and there were two large pit bulls attacking my riding horses. The horses were obviously hot and tired from keeping the dogs off their legs for a while. Deputy's showed up while I was standing on top of the fence, I don't trust pit bulls. Animal control showed up and caught the dogs. I checked out the horses after that and looks like Bandit got one tooth mark scratch that took the bark off of him on his back leg but no puncture wounds that I can see. I'm glad this turned out ok, if those dogs had gotten into my pregnant mini mares the outcome would of been a lot worse. To whomever lets their pit bulls roam. Next time a dog is attacking my horses, I will shoot first and call 911 second. It just happened too fast this time and I didn't have my gun on me. They were huge, the biggest pit bulls I've ever seen. No collar or info on them. I think I need a drink, it's afternoon somewhere...........

Oh my what a scare to wake up to. I am glad they are alright

GallopNTec

I went out to feed up and there were two large pit bulls attacking my riding horses. The horses were obviously hot and tired from keeping the dogs off their legs for a while. Deputy's showed up while I was standing on top of the fence, I don't trust pit bulls. Animal control showed up and caught the dogs. I checked out the horses after that and looks like Bandit got one tooth mark scratch that took the bark off of him on his back leg but no puncture wounds that I can see. I'm glad this turned out ok, if those dogs had gotten into my pregnant mini mares the outcome would of been a lot worse. To whomever lets their pit bulls roam. Next time a dog is attacking my horses, I will shoot first and call 911 second. It just happened too fast this time and I didn't have my gun on me. They were huge, the biggest pit bulls I've ever seen. No collar or info on them. I think I need a drink, it's afternoon somewhere...........
I'm very glad you and your horses are ok. Good for you being on the fence- they could've done alot worse to you than a horse!
Funny how Pit attacks are almost always more than 1 dog.
It's just down right pathetic that people still think it's "cool" to breed, raise , own dogs that exhibit that sort of behaviour-whatever breed .And even more pathetic that there are dog owners who tolerate that behaviour from their dogs!