Hair cut...

Cowgirl

Alright...it's that time again. I have been growing my hair out, but I'm not sure what I want to do with it. I usually get it layered at the bottom, but I'm not sure if I want layers anymore. I don't want it to be too boring though.

Right now it's about just past my shoulder blades. My hair is thick, and wavy if I let it dry naturally. Most times I blowdry it, but it wants to get frizzy in the humidity, so I've been letting it dry naturally.

Any suggestions for hair cuts for mid-length hair?

Cowgirl

This is pretty, but I'm afraid I'll get tired of having the layers around my face...plus I might want to get rid of my layers.

Do you all think hair is boring without layers for movement? :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Long layers, and get it thinned out a tad with thinning shears. My hair's thick and wavy too, and with this cut I can let it dry naturally with no styling products and it looks great. :yay:

Cowgirl

Nickel said:
Long layers, and get it thinned out a tad with thinning shears. My hair's thick and wavy too, and with this cut I can let it dry naturally with no styling products and it looks great. :yay:

I don't like layers like these.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Cowgirl said:
I don't like layers like these.
That's because they're framing her face. Just ask for all over long layers, not face framing, and you should be fine. Long thick hair without layers is a PITA and looks weird.

Cowgirl

Nickel said:
That's because they're framing her face. Just ask for all over long layers, not face framing, and you should be fine. Long thick hair without layers is a PITA and looks weird.

That sounds like a plan. Do you like this cut? Is it too choppy?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Cowgirl said:
That sounds like a plan. Do you like this cut? Is it too choppy?
Yeah, I don't care for that too much, I prefer more subtle layering. It's not a bad cut though.

Cowgirl

Nickel said:
Yeah, I don't care for that too much, I prefer more subtle layering. It's not a bad cut though.

So do I....and I've been enjoying being able to put my hair in a braid without all these wacko pieces spiking out of it. :lol:

who can find a picture? The cut is hard to describe. It's like you can see all the little cuts/layers in the hair, but the hair for the most part is all the same length ( at the base ) , but going up you see choppy cuts in layers.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
CableChick said:
who can find a picture? The cut is hard to describe. It's like you can see all the little cuts/layers in the hair, but the hair for the most part is all the same length ( at the base ) , but going up you see choppy cuts in layers.
:howdy: