Hair Help

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Ok Ladies you seem pretty knowledgable, so I'm thinking you can help me.

I have long hair, very thin, very dry: yet if I put products in it (i.e. condition, spray silk, hairspray) to make it soft it get's very greesy, very quick.

and before anyone says it: yes I was my hair every day, just very oily scalp..

Thanks in advance

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
sanchezf said:

I have long hair, very thin, very dry: yet if I put products in it (i.e. condition, spray silk, hairspray) to make it soft it get's very greesy, very quick.

Thanks in advance

I have long, baby fine hair. Need more info though. What shampoo/conditioner do you use? Blowdry, curl or straighten at all?

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
sanchezf said:

Thanks in advance

Pix,

You know what type of hair I have. I also have this similiar problem although it doesn't happen until the next day when its gets real oily.

Not sure what can really been done about the oils :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
sanchezf said:

Thanks in advance
That could be your first problem, washing your hair everyday. I wash mine twice a day, but I've never had a scalp problem. You probably need a deep cleansing shampoo to wash the toxins out of your hair.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I have baby-fine hair. I use flour to combat greasiness.

Oh, wait. My hair is thick, full and delicious. Oopsie. :blushing:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Question: "Why does my hair get greasy so easily?"

Answer: Hair absorbs natural oils at a rapid pace, as they easily slide down each shaft. To avoid greasy strands, don't overcondition-your hair is getting enough hydration on its own. "Use a light conditioner, such as a spray, and only apply halfway down the length of your hair, focusing on the ends," advises Pantene celebrity hairstylist Cheryl Marks. To mop up excess oil when you don't have time to shampoo, try applying a dash of hair powder to roots. To try: Infusium 23 Leave-In Treatment Maximum Body Formula, $4.49; Revlon Re-Energising Conditioner Spray, $10; Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder in white, $27.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitn...latedata/fitness/story/data/1128701496766.xml

sockgirl77

BabyGurl1978 said:
Pix,

You know what type of hair I have. I also have this similiar problem although it doesn't happen until the next day when its gets real oily.

Clarifying shampoo?

Christy

b*tch rocket
sanchezf said:

Thanks in advance
That's how my hair is. Have you ever considered getting it cut off? You'd be surprised at how much nicer your hair will look and feel. I had super long hair for years and fought with it constantly. Had most of it cut off a few year's back and it's great. :yay:

If you insist on keeping the long locks, try just shampooing the base of your scalp, not your entire head of hair. That helps some. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
That could be your first problem, washing your hair everyday.
If she was having a problem with dry scalp, I would agree, but her scalp is actually getting oily with daily shampoos. She probably just needs to switch shampoo/conditioners and/or start using a hair powder.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
If she was having a problem with dry scalp, I would agree, but her scalp is actually getting oily with daily shampoos. She probably just needs to switch shampoo/conditioners and/or start using a hair powder.
That's right, because her shampoo is throwing her PH off. Typically, you would use a cleansing shampoo on the scalp, gently massaging in (the more you disturb your scalp, the more oil production) and then a light conditioner on the ends only.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
pixiegirl said:
I have long, baby fine hair. Need more info though. What shampoo/conditioner do you use? Blowdry, curl or straighten at all?

very straight, baby fine, very rarely every curl (maybe once a year), never need to straighten, blowdry (maybe every other day)
Lately Gardiner, haven't found anything that seems to make a difference cheap or very expensive..

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
BabyGurl1978 said:
Pix,

That's exactly how mine is but when I get out of the shower after conditioning it, it feels like straw wet. ewwwwwwwwwwww

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sanchezf said:
That's exactly how mine is but when I get out of the shower after conditioning it, it feels like straw wet. ewwwwwwwwwwww
Do you color your hair?

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Christy said:
That's how my hair is. Have you ever considered getting it cut off? You'd be surprised at how much nicer your hair will look and feel. I had super long hair for years and fought with it constantly. Had most of it cut off a few year's back and it's great. :yay:

If you insist on keeping the long locks, try just shampooing the base of your scalp, not your entire head of hair. That helps some. :yay:

I actually just recently in the last two months cut it a little below my shoulders (it was down to my butt). It does look way better, but still just feels like straw..