Hair Help

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
BabyGurl1978 said:
To avoid greasy strands, don't overcondition:

That is exactly what my hair stylist told me as well just use it on the ends.

Yes I only use it below the ears, about a quarter size.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sanchezf said:
yes and have highlights (but only color about once every 6 months)
Do you get it colored at the salon or do it yourself? I've noticed that the few times I've broken down and done it myself, my hair feels less than desirable.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Nickel said:
Do you get it colored at the salon or do it yourself? I've noticed that the few times I've broken down and done it myself, my hair feels less than desirable.

I have a beautican (sp?) do it, but it's done out of here house (family member)

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sanchezf said:
I have a beautican (sp?) do it, but it's done out of here house (family member)
Does she use salon quality color, or drugstore stuff? Drugstore stuff will really mess up your hair, salon stuff can actually improve the way your hair feels.

sockgirl77

sanchezf said:
Is there anything I can do to help it now though?
Clarifying shampoo should work. I have naturally oily hair. I use it. But I got a perm a few months ago and it dried it right out!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Nickel said:
Does she use salon quality color, or drugstore stuff? Drugstore stuff will really mess up your hair, salon stuff can actually improve the way your hair feels.

I personally haven't had any issues with drugstore hair color. But I know what works with my hair and what doesn't.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
jwwb2000 said:
I personally haven't had any issues with drugstore hair color. But I know what works with my hair and what doesn't.
I've had serious problems with it. I'll go a few years and forget why I don't use it...then color my hair, and instantly it's dried out and tangly.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sanchezf said:
Is there anything I can do to help it now though?
Are you due for a haircut anytime soon? Next time you go to the salon, I'd explain to the stylist what problems you're having, and she (having actually seen and touched your hair, as opposed to us, who really can't give you the best help) might be able to steer you in the right direction. She may even be able to recommend some sort of treatment to get your hair back on track.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
sanchezf said:
Ok Ladies you seem pretty knowledgable, so I'm thinking you can help me.

I have long hair, very thin, very dry: yet if I put products in it (i.e. condition, spray silk, hairspray) to make it soft it get's very greesy, very quick.

and before anyone says it: yes I was my hair every day, just very oily scalp..

Thanks in advance
Buy some Nexus Humetress conditioner, (Target sells it now), and use about a penny size amount, and put it halfway down your hair and towards the ends. Stay away from your scalp area. Do not rinse it out. That will give it immediate softness without an oily feel.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Nickel said:
I've had serious problems with it. I'll go a few years and forget why I don't use it...then color my hair, and instantly it's dried out and tangly.

It works for some, just not all :huggy:

sockgirl77

jwwb2000 said:
Clairol Nice and Easy! But, it's been ages since I've colored mine. :shrug:

nomoney

have any of you seen or used that new glaze by clairol I think it is? Just a refresher for your color basically? Any opinions?

F

filhermore slim

nomoney said:
have any of you seen or used that new glaze by clairol I think it is? Just a refresher for your color basically? Any opinions?
Dont use it

sockgirl77

nomoney said:
Never seen it, but it's definently an idea for me. I'm starting to really like my natural color but it's kinda dull. I'll have to make a trip to Target tonight. Thanks for the idea. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
nomoney said:
I've used the glaze by John Freida, and it didn't do anything. :ohwell: