Hair indecision

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because this is important and I really cannot stomach any more political crap:

I stopped coloring my hair and let it go natural; it's dark blonde shot very lightly with gray. I actually like it and think it looks great BUT now I'm bored and want to color it again. I also let it grow long and that looks good, too, because I can either straighten it or go naturally wavy. But I want to cut it and have a bouncy little style again.

So, in short, my hair looks terrific and I want to screw it up. Mostly because spring is almost here and that signals change for me.

Is anyone else bi-polar about their hair or am I the only flake?

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Because this is important and I really cannot stomach any more political crap:

I stopped coloring my hair and let it go natural; it's dark blonde shot very lightly with gray. I actually like it and think it looks great BUT now I'm bored and want to color it again. I also let it grow long and that looks good, too, because I can either straighten it or go naturally wavy. But I want to cut it and have a bouncy little style again.

So, in short, my hair looks terrific and I want to screw it up. Mostly because spring is almost here and that signals change for me.

Is anyone else bi-polar about their hair or am I the only flake?

It is a political jungle in here lately.

I don't mess with mine anymore. Out of my face in a ponytail or a headband is the extent of my obsession. Coloring has never been my thing, but then again I'm a brunette. As a blonde you have the simple change option of a toner. A little up or a little down change, go for it. Whatever makes you feel good is what counts.

:coffee:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It takes me forever to grow out my hair and I usually cut it during the "in between" stage because I can't stand it. I managed to get through that and now my hair is longer than it's been since I was a kid. Not quite to the middle of my back but pretty close. However, I don't do anything with it. If I leave it down and it looks like a mop on my head. If I put it up in a ponytail, I wonder why bother having long hair if I just do that. A few weeks ago, my husband jacked up my bangs. I asked him to cut them just below my eyebrows. He cut them just above my eyebrows. :cds: Now it looks like I'm 5 and took a pair of scissors to my bangs. :ohwell:

ohstate

I'm too lazy. Never color, rarely cut my hair. I once had 8 inches cut off an no one noticed, so why bother. Going gray now and the only ones that bother me are the ones grouped together at my temple. Tempting, but I'm too lazy to deal with any maintenance. I'm a wash and go woman, always have been. Sheer inertia.

belvak

Happy Camper
I've always been a "low maintenance" kind of hair person. Ive basically decided to let mother nature decide what's going to happen to it as far as color goes, and am getting quite a few gray hairs in there. But, our daughter is getting married in June, and now I have started thinking about whether to do something with my hair for the wedding or not.

Those of you who know me, know I'm a blow dry and let it do it's thing kind of person. Sometimes I wear bangs, but am just as likely in the next instant to get tired of them being in my way and comb them back. Usually, it's up in a hair thingy because I get hot all the time now. So, I'm in a hair conumdrum. Guess I've crossed over to Bi-Polar too. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The power of Chasey Lane compels me...

I have an appt for Tuesday to get a cut, color, and highlights - the whole enchilada. I've had winter doldrums and a perky new 'do will shake me out proper, get me all revved up for spring.

:diva:

Roman

I went through the winter doldrums myself, and had 8 inches taken off my hair last Friday, it's still at mid back. It really picked me up, and even made me feel thinner for some weird reason. Vrai, instead of being a slave to color every 6 weeks, why don't you just get some high & low lights. That way, if you can't get to the salon in time for your next coloring..it would be no big deal.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Vrai, instead of being a slave to color every 6 weeks, why don't you just get some high & low lights. That way, if you can't get to the salon in time for your next coloring..it would be no big deal.

You still have to maintain highs and lows every few weeks.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Oh God no, I'm the same way. Colored my hair a dark red a while back, tried it for a while, didn't like it. Stripped the color our of my hair and went back to the copper I was using before. Got it cut yesterday. Much happier now.

Vince

Glad I'm a guy. Just let it go gray and the way it curls up and kinks up anyway, I don't even have to comb it. :lol: But I comb it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, I love it! Lori at Bella cut about 3" off and it's now a coppery color with strawberry blonde highlights.

But I almost canceled the appt because I was having a good hair day.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Okay, I love it! Lori at Bella cut about 3" off and it's now a coppery color with strawberry blonde highlights.

But I almost canceled the appt because I was having a good hair day.

:yahoo:

It looks really good!! :clap: