Hair Question - Perms

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Nope...Sorry, just wave! But like I said in an earlier post if you did the perm and gained the body/wave, your hair would hold the curl from the velcro rollers, curling iron and hot rollers.
When I do the hot rollers, I spray my hair before hand with a thermal heating spray, (I use Biosilk products) roll my hair up, spray again lightly and wrap my head up in a towel so the heat will stay within.
Another key thing is when taking the rollers down don't fool to much with the curl, when all rollers are down, run fingers through the hair maybe 1 or 2 times and spray again. Don't keep running your fingers through the hair, that will make it go straight a lot sooner.

:yay:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I thought they made bigger, been a while since I have given a perm. Try to stay as current as I can with everything. Just wish I was still able to be a beautician....:frown:

Sound to me like your staying on top of things very well, you've been very helpful..

redneck_woman

Starting Over
Sound to me like your staying on top of things very well, you've been very helpful..

Thank you for the kind words. :flowers:
I have been a licensed beautician for 13yrs now, but had to give it up 5yrs in. My lung collapsed about 8yrs ago and I had to give it up. The lungs could not stand the fumes from the chemicals, irritated them.

I loved being a beautician and it wasn't for the money, it was to put a smile on someones face.

browneyes

I tried a perm a few years ago, trying to give my flat hair some body.
What a nightmare!
If you get one, make sure your beautician is very experienced and knows what you are trying to do. I will never get another one.