Hair Salons in the California/Lexington Park area

kellycutie09

I've read a couple of threads on here about different salons in this area, but I still couldn't figure out which one is the best. I have narrowed down my options between HAIR IT IS SALON AND SPA and JC Penney Salon. I've heard it's pretty expensive at the Hair It Is, butI always believe that you get what you pay for...my question is--is it really worth it? How expensive can it get? My hair is very long and wavy and I want to try a hairstyle where I could have a shorter layered style that way I could wear my hair wavy/curly when I want to and flat iron it on some occasions. I need someone who is really good at this. Has someone been there before?

I appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance! :)

Jameo

What?!
I've read a couple of threads on here about different salons in this area, but I still couldn't figure out which one is the best. I have narrowed down my options between HAIR IT IS SALON AND SPA and JC Penney Salon. I've heard it's pretty expensive at the Hair It Is, butI always believe that you get what you pay for...my question is--is it really worth it? How expensive can it get? My hair is very long and wavy and I want to try a hairstyle where I could have a shorter layered style that way I could wear my hair wavy/curly when I want to and flat iron it on some occasions. I need someone who is really good at this. Has someone been there before?

I used to go to Hair It Is a few years ago. I had very long hair and it would cost me an easy 200 bucks for cut color and highlights :faint: They did do a good job but damn! They lady that does my hair now is better and way cheaper and the bestest damn hair styles in the world!!

Littlebit

I use S-cape in Leonardtown and go to Cindy she is fabulous -Phone # 301-475-5113

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I love hair it is because they always do a great job, the salon is beautiful and professional...It is a little pricey if you start adding color..but I have never been unhappy. the owner is always there and if you are a regular she knows..she has helped me out a few times..once when I was getting my hair done for my senior pictures they messed up the appt time and I was almost late she did my makeup herself for free..and she has slipped me products occasionally when the cut makes it necesary.. The stylists all go to training events and are very up to date and they all do a great job. It is the only place I will go..( good place to get a facial, too)

kellycutie09

Thank you, ladies. I just need a haircut. I'll try to call Hair it is today to ask how much their haircut is. They were closed yesterday (Monday). I've been to their website and it looks very professional and I can tell they're pricey. But my birthday is coming up too, so I might treat myself for that. hehe! I've been to JC Penney once before when I decided to have my hair relaxed (I didn't know what I was thinking) and I spent close to $200 including tips and all...and it only lasted for 2 weeks! My hair started to go wavy again after 2 weeks, which made me really mad. I'm not sure about their haircut, though. Since then, I went to Centennial Salon up in La Plata for haircuts but it's a bit of a drive for a haircut.

bluewater

See Beverly at Bella Salon in California. She does an awesome job with wavy hair and you will be very happy with the results. It's $45.00 for shampoo, cut and blowdry.

sockgirl77

I'll do my usual and recommend my girl. Amanda at Joie Salon and Spa. She's great and her prices are decent. 240-237-8044. :yay::yay:

surfer1

Thank you, ladies. I just need a haircut. I'll try to call Hair it is today to ask how much their haircut is. They were closed yesterday (Monday). I've been to their website and it looks very professional and I can tell they're pricey. But my birthday is coming up too, so I might treat myself for that. hehe! I've been to JC Penney once before when I decided to have my hair relaxed (I didn't know what I was thinking) and I spent close to $200 including tips and all...and it only lasted for 2 weeks! My hair started to go wavy again after 2 weeks, which made me really mad. I'm not sure about their haircut, though. Since then, I went to Centennial Salon up in La Plata for haircuts but it's a bit of a drive for a haircut.

I agree with you about Centennial street salon. No one can give a cut like Tina B!

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
I went to Hair It Is for the first time last a week ago and they did a FABULOUS job. For the longest time, I hopped from hair salon to hair salon looking for someone who knew how to cut my hair (I have medium length, brown, very curly hair). When I went last tuesday, Alyssa (sp?) cut my hair and did an EXCELLENT job!!! It cost me $37.00 for the cut, which for a good haircut, is worth the price :)

sockgirl77

I went to Hair It Is for the first time last a week ago and they did a FABULOUS job. For the longest time, I hopped from hair salon to hair salon looking for someone who knew how to cut my hair (I have medium length, brown, very curly hair). When I went last tuesday, Alyssa (sp?) cut my hair and did an EXCELLENT job!!! It cost me $37.00 for the cut, which for a good haircut, is worth the price :)

That is a great deal. Considering the fact that I went there 6 or 7 years ago and spent $50 on a wash, cut, dry, and style.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I have never paid more than 35-40 or so..it depends on the level of your stylist..new stylists only get around 30..and price goes up with experience. But no matter the level they are all good. I adore Alisa..she is great.

kellycutie09

I dropped by Hair It Is this morning since I was at the Joann and Marhalls area. They place is really nice and the staff is very friendly. I made my appointment for Thursday morning and I'll be with Nikki. They said she's new, but she's also good. Has anyone heard of her in that Salon? I'm sure the salon stands by their hair stylists, so that's okay. I was given an ID# and password so I can book my future appointments online...neat! I was told that there will be a 15-minute consultation esp. for first time clients just to evaluate if the style I want would be appropriate for my hair, facial shape, etc... Best of all, they told me that the price would be around $29.00 because Nikki is new...THAT'S EVEN BETTER!! I was expecting $60 or so. I would normally pay around $45-$60 for my long hair. This time, I want to cut it short, so I don't know if my price would go high because there will be too much hair to work with. hehe! Anyway, I'm excited and I hope that I'll be getting out of their salon very happy with my new hair.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I dropped by Hair It Is this morning since I was at the Joann and Marhalls area. They place is really nice and the staff is very friendly. I made my appointment for Thursday morning and I'll be with Nikki. They said she's new, but she's also good. Has anyone heard of her in that Salon? I'm sure the salon stands by their hair stylists, so that's okay. I was given an ID# and password so I can book my future appointments online...neat! I was told that there will be a 15-minute consultation esp. for first time clients just to evaluate if the style I want would be appropriate for my hair, facial shape, etc... Best of all, they told me that the price would be around $29.00 because Nikki is new...THAT'S EVEN BETTER!! I was expecting $60 or so. I would normally pay around $45-$60 for my long hair. This time, I want to cut it short, so I don't know if my price would go high because there will be too much hair to work with. hehe! Anyway, I'm excited and I hope that I'll be getting out of their salon very happy with my new hair.

Nikki always comes to see what ALisa is doing to my hair..because i always get something interesting..she is very sweet and always pays attention to the stylists in the salon..im sure she is great. The online booking is great..though if you call they will work with you..and you can even earn points for services through their reward program.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I was told that there will be a 15-minute consultation esp. for first time clients just to evaluate if the style I want would be appropriate for my hair, facial shape, etc...
I'd have to pass on this. Just give me my cut and let me be on my way.

It seems that the norm is 2 plus hours for some of these salons for a simple cut/color (or highlight). WHY does it take that long? :confused:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
well what they do is add those 15 min so your cut doesnt go over into the next appt if you want to look at pictures..there is no "official" consult that is anything different than telling the stylist what you want..simply time there if you need to..if you know what you want..its straight to cutting!

stars24

I've read lots about Joie & Hair It Is on here, but am always surprised I don't hear more about The Hair Company in Leonardtown. While it also runs a little on the pricey side, I figure I'd rather get a good hair cut and just wait longer in between cuts to even it out. I usually see Lindsay and have never been dissatisfied. She's done highlights, short cuts, long cuts, and layers for me. When she has been unavailable, I've seen a few other different people and have been equally satisfied (and I'm picky).

Since Hair It Is is much closer, I might give that a try next time, but if you're up in the Leonardtown area, I'd highly suggest The Hair Company as well.

emma1606

I've read lots about Joie & Hair It Is on here, but am always surprised I don't hear more about The Hair Company in Leonardtown. While it also runs a little on the pricey side, I figure I'd rather get a good hair cut and just wait longer in between cuts to even it out. I usually see Lindsay and have never been dissatisfied. She's done highlights, short cuts, long cuts, and layers for me. When she has been unavailable, I've seen a few other different people and have been equally satisfied (and I'm picky).

Since Hair It Is is much closer, I might give that a try next time, but if you're up in the Leonardtown area, I'd highly suggest The Hair Company as well.

I think that is because Joie have an awesome stylist - Amanda, and they ALSO have great prices. Best of both worlds.