Hair Stylist / Barber

moonchilddave

Well, it finally happened... my hair stylist who used to be in Libertytown has vanished without a trace. So now I'm looking for someone else I can trust with my long hair. I'm looking for a good barber / stylist who is good with perms on guys with long hair. Anyone have any recommendations - either in SoMD or actually pretty much anywhere in MD?

Or if anyone knows what happened to Temple Frasier of Duck-In Barber & Styling in Liberytown, MD that would be even better. I followed her from Country Gentlemen in Damascus to Duck-In in Brunswick and then Libertytown. She also worked at someone else's salon in Frederick for a while I believe - but don't know the name.

Last edited:

slotted

Well, it finally happened... my hair stylist who used to be in Libertytown has vanished without a trace. So now I'm looking for someone else I can trust with my long hair. I'm looking for a good barber / stylist who is good with perms on guys with long hair. Anyone have any recommendations - either in SoMD or actually pretty much anywhere in MD?

Or if anyone knows what happened to Temple Frasier of Duck-In Barber Shop in Liberytown, MD that would be even better. I followed her from Country Gentlemen in Damascus to Duck-In in Brunswick and then Libertytown.

If you're willing to make the 3 hour drive to Virginia Beach, I'd suggest Russell Painter at Haircut 100. :yay:

K

kris31280

Rachel @ Smart Style Salon inside Wal-Mart in California, MD.

MMDad

Lem Putt

Or if anyone knows what happened to Temple Frasier of Duck-In Barber & Styling in Liberytown, MD that would be even better. I followed her from Country Gentlemen in Damascus to Duck-In in Brunswick and then Libertytown. She also worked at someone else's salon in Frederick for a while I believe - but don't know the name.

You do realize this is Southern Maryland Online, right?

moonchilddave

Yes, and I am actually living in Leonardtown... but willing to travel when it comes to finding a good hair stylist if need be. 3 hours is a bit of a stretch - but then again I've got a 2 - 2.5 hour drive to Bethesda for work.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

Good lord! Perms on men? Is it 1984 again? Are you in a Poison tribute band? Get it cut lest ye look like a complete tool....

KWAK

Good lord! Perms on men? Is it 1984 again? Are you in a Poison tribute band? Get it cut lest ye look like a complete tool....

Thank you for someone else reading my mind! Perms are a has been - women don't even get them anymore! (With the exception of ethnic hair that is) Please just cut it - heck, I'd be happy to do it for you!

moonchilddave

I figured there had to be some smartass out there with nothing to contribute who just felt the need to share their pithy comments. Thanks for the help.... And just in case you are wondering, I've been working for the Federal Government as a programmer since Jan. '90 and I've had my long hair since high school... If that makes me look like a tool in your eyes or others, so be it. I happen to like my long hair, and there are quite a few women who do as well.

Just saw Skid Row this past Friday and Great White is playing in a few weeks...

Thanks to those who have given their recommendations for what I originally asked about.

Last edited:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I figured there had to be some smartass out there with nothing to contribute who just felt the need to share their pithy comments. Thanks for the help.... And just in case you are wondering, I've been working for the Federal Government as a programmer since Jan. '90 and I've had my long hair since high school... If that makes me look like a tool in your eyes or others, so be it. I happen to like my long hair, and there are quite a few women who do as well.

And then I notice the Ron Paul avatar confirming my initial impression...

slotted

Here's Russell, I'm telling you, he's awesome with hair.

Attachments

• russell.jpg
    russell.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 71

camily

Peace

Thanks to those who have given their recommendations for what I originally asked about.

:killingme:killingme:killingme

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Which would be? BTW, thank you again for your helpfull comments...

Do you really want to know my initial impression? OK then, you asked for it. An aging guy with grossly inappropriate hair, probably desperate to cover the thinning spots with as much permed volume as possible. Probably very vain with his glam hair carefully tended, his pride and joy which takes him more time to fix than most women.

And I did offer a suggestion, you just didn't like it. Cut it short and get with the times. But hey, do what you want it's a free country. :shrug:

nobody really

I need a nap
Do you really want to know my initial impression? OK then, you asked for it. An aging guy with grossly inappropriate hair, probably desperate to cover the thinning spots with as much permed volume as possible. Probably very vain with his glam hair carefully tended, his pride and joy which takes him more time to fix than most women.

And I did offer a suggestion, you just didn't like it. Cut it short and get with the times. But hey, do what you want it's a free country. :shrug:

whats that guy from the eighties? weird al yankovich? permed hair, gym shorts...i could never date a guy who perms his hair.