Charles Co. Handling As*Hats Blowing Debris Into Your Yard

NBF

I'm interested in real life cases of Chuck County residents who have handled hard-headed neighbors who blatantly blow leaves and other debris into your yard even being asked politely numerous times not to. My understanding in Maryland is that whatever falls into your yard is your responsibility to clear up and you're not to blow it back into the neighbor's yard. For years my former neighbor knew this and never blew leaves back into my yard. However, a new arrival for the last several years has ignored this. Would appreciate your input.

Clem72

I would mulch them in such a pattern as the final pass blows all the tiniest pieces back into their yard. Then turn the sprinkler on to wet them down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Establish dominance right off the bat so your neighbor isn't interested in pissing you off.

If you've failed to do that, you can still establish dominance but you'll have to work a little harder and perhaps enforce the message a few times, which is tedious as hell. Best to set things straight in the beginning.

Passive-aggression never works. Either be passive and shut up about it, or be aggressive and solve your problem.

Clem72

Passive-aggression never works. Either be passive and shut up about it, or be aggressive and solve your problem.
I disagree a bit. Psy-ops can be much more personally satisfying. A million little things that drive your neighbor nuts that they may not even associate with you. Taking your pizza boxes out to the trash? Random grease smudge on their side view mirror. Getting work done on the house, schedule it as early or as late as legally allowed. Put reflective "energy efficient" insulation in your window such that it focuses on their siding and makes a large brown spot. Throw clover and greenbriar seeds in their trees/lawn. Set up a IR laser on a timer that shines on their doorbell camera and trigger it randomly all day long (not at night, the night vision sensor can see it and they will know it was you). Buy a bag of German cockroaches (can literally buy on Amazon) and open it next to their garage door. Send flowers or chocolates on their birthday to one of the spouses with the name of a co-worker if you know it. If they do their laundry in the garage slip some non-matching unmentionables into the bin. You can make it a hobby which helps justify the time and expense.

CPUSA

I disagree a bit. Psy-ops can be much more personally satisfying. A million little things that drive your neighbor nuts that they may not even associate with you. Taking your pizza boxes out to the trash? Random grease smudge on their side view mirror. Getting work done on the house, schedule it as early or as late as legally allowed. Put reflective "energy efficient" insulation in your window such that it focuses on their siding and makes a large brown spot. Throw clover and greenbriar seeds in their trees/lawn. Set up a IR laser on a timer that shines on their doorbell camera and trigger it randomly all day long (not at night, the night vision sensor can see it and they will know it was you). Buy a bag of German cockroaches (can literally buy on Amazon) and open it next to their garage door. Send flowers or chocolates on their birthday to one of the spouses with the name of a co-worker if you know it. If they do their laundry in the garage slip some non-matching unmentionables into the bin. You can make it a hobby which helps justify the time and expense.
Hmmm...I suddenly have a newfound respect for your very existence....

NBF

Very interesting replies. How is talking with your neighbor several times passive-agressive? I've nicely asked they not blow leaves and other debris into my yard. But, they continue. I'd like to hear from those folks that successfully resolved their disputes via legal means, or by putting up a fence or other barrier. Thank you.

PeoplesElbow

Very interesting replies. How is talking with your neighbor several times passive-agressive? I've nicely asked they not blow leaves and other debris into my yard. But, they continue. I'd like to hear from those folks that successfully resolved their disputes via legal means, or by putting up a fence or other barrier. Thank you.
Need more detail are they blowing every leaf off of their trees in your yard, is it just a couple stray leaves and you are being a busy body or what?