Happening Now Hollywood Accident

glhs837

Power with Control
That is the area the MSP like to sit and grab people speeding on 235.

Article mentioned she was conducting speed enforcement when the crash occured. Which is why I would be curious as to her speed. coming from a stop and wanting to catch up to someone who has just passed you at say 60+ does require putting your boot into it a bit. And you might be sorta focussed on keeping an eye on the offender to see which way he's going to go at the upcoming intersection instead of the close to you side road. Did it happen that way? No telling, and given the rapid assignment of blame, we most likely never will.

glhs837

Power with Control
I wonder what happened to the car she was chasing.

Went about thier business I imagine, since it wasnt a high speed chase. Heck, that driver might not even have been aware that the officer had pulled out to come after them if they exhibited the normal level of situational awareness of average drivers.

OldHillcrestGuy

Article mentioned she was conducting speed enforcement when the crash occured. Which is why I would be curious as to her speed. coming from a stop and wanting to catch up to someone who has just passed you at say 60+ does require putting your boot into it a bit. And you might be sorta focussed on keeping an eye on the offender to see which way he's going to go at the upcoming intersection instead of the close to you side road. Did it happen that way? No telling, and given the rapid assignment of blame, we most likely never will.

Good point brought up. Maybe she was sitting at Woodpecker La. (which they do a lot) and pulled out to go after a speeder. Its my understanding the ambulance was also responding to a call and was pulling out of Rescue La. I also heard the ambo driver looked both ways several times and then proceeded out. Woodpecker to Rescue La. is not that far, if the ambo driver looked left first and saw no traffic coming then looked right and then proceeded, as you (glhs837) mentioned, maybe the Trooper was running radar. In that short period of time from the ambo driver looking to the left and then right is it possible that the trooper did pull out and step on it to catch up to the speeder? :shrug:

officeguy

Went about thier business I imagine, since it wasnt a high speed chase. Heck, that driver might not even have been aware that the officer had pulled out to come after them if they exhibited the normal level of situational awareness of average drivers.

I can't make heads or tails of what she hit and where. The pictures on the baynet show a completely demolished caprice and a slight dent in the ambulance. The caprice seems to be on the cross-over with left front damage. If this happened the way the press release states (that the ambo came out of Resue Ln), did they try to get to the crossover for a left turn ?

glhs837

Power with Control
I can't make heads or tails of what she hit and where. The pictures on the baynet show a completely demolished caprice and a slight dent in the ambulance. The caprice seems to be on the cross-over with left front damage. If this happened the way the press release states (that the ambo came out of Resue Ln), did they try to get to the crossover for a left turn ?

I think the photographer took a picture of the wrong ambulance. No way does that amount of damage on the ambulance match the damage to the police car.

MiddleGround

I drive by that area every single day. Both ways. For that ambulance driver there is at least a good half to three quarter of a mile worth of unrestricted view on the SB side of 235. Either that driver was complacent, the trooper was distracted, or the trooper was doing 150MPH!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

All this speculation. After an absolutely thorough internal investigation, fault will be placed with the driver of the ambulance. The forward looking mounted video camera, (activated when emergency equipment [lights & sirens] is turned on), and recording in the troopers cruiser was damaged or destroyed in the accident. The trooper will get paid four months medical leave and two months convalescent leave. See how easy that was?

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may ...

All this speculation. After an absolutely thorough internal investigation, fault will be placed with the driver of the ambulance. The forward looking mounted video camera, (activated when emergency equipment [lights & sirens] is turned on), and recording in the troopers cruiser was damaged or destroyed in the accident. The trooper will get paid four months medical leave and two months convalescent leave. See how easy that was?

No slow clap smilie, sadly...... :)

PeoplesElbow

Why would you even say that? Very irresponsible.

The ambulance was listed at fault. Please try to get the facts before posting erroneous falsehoods.

Never said it was her fault, all I said is it was the 2nd wreck she has been in this month. I don't know anything about the first either, that may not have been her fault either.

As far as the ambulance goes someone in the squad told me that the ambulance barely has a dent and is still in service.

Never said it was her fault, all I said is it was the 2nd wreck she has been in this month. I don't know anything about the first either, that may not have been her fault either.

As far as the ambulance goes someone in the squad told me that the ambulance barely has a dent and is still in service.

Cosmetically, there doesn't appear to be much damage to the Ambulance, no word yet on frame damage, but according to the out of service listing on the radios last night at 1900, the Ambulance is out of service.

PeoplesElbow

Cosmetically, there doesn't appear to be much damage to the Ambulance, no word yet on frame damage, but according to the out of service listing on the radios last night at 1900, the Ambulance is out of service.

Good to know, my info was from yesterday morning.

I hadn't looked at the pictures till now. Looks like it bent the outer edge of the floor a bit and maybe contacted the rear axle. Hope it is minimal damage, I know an ambulance is an expensive investment.

officeguy

If I may ...

You forgot the citation for heroic actions in the generation of speeding revenue from the state police superintendent.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You forgot the citation for heroic actions in the generation of speeding revenue from the state police superintendent.

My bad, sorry. But thanks for reminding me. I also forgot about her accelerated promotion over other more qualified male candidates due to her ability to quickly deploy her agency issued air bags in an emergency situation thereby saving the State from having to recruit and train a replacement trooper. Thanks again for calling me out.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I think you just read the subtext as the primary

:lmao: :jet: :roflmao: :lol:

Indeed Perhaps I did ...

I am a bit dyslexic, I had to read and read again, and I still wasn't sure of the text until I quoted it in my response, and the scales fell away

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

My bad, sorry. But thanks for reminding me. I also forgot about her accelerated promotion over other more qualified male candidates due to her ability to quickly deploy her agency issued air bags in an emergency situation thereby saving the State from having to recruit and train a replacement trooper. Thanks again for calling me out.

You forgot to mention that Award she will get for her airbags being instantly deflated.