Happy ending, or not?

truby20

Fighting like a girl
It seems to me the smart thing to do would have been to require insurance before a license was issued.

Typically cars are insured, not individual drivers. You can be on someone’s policy of course, but it’s for that vehicle, not necessarily you.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Ok I'll be the one to say it, a happy ending means something completely different to me.. You were all thinking it, but no one would say it.

Hijinx

Typically cars are insured, not individual drivers. You can be on someone’s policy of course, but it’s for that vehicle, not necessarily you.

So: You believe that all of these people driving have insurance on their cars?
Personally I doubt that. I am a citizen and there is a basic tenet that I probably have property and can be sued.
At least I have a residence and they can find me, and I am not a flight risk to Mexico.

But I understand how you could feel ,these poor people are special and deserve special treatment for some reason because some Americans like to Momma them. I don't feel that way. I also don't feel that they should be allowed to take a test unless that test is in English,and they cannot have a permit if they do not have a Green card, a Visa, or something that allows them in this country legally. LEGALLY.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
So: You believe that all of these people driving have insurance on their cars?
Personally I doubt that. I am a citizen and there is a basic tenet that I probably have property and can be sued.
At least I have a residence and they can find me, and I am not a flight risk to Mexico.

But I understand how you could feel ,these poor people are special and deserve special treatment for some reason because some Americans like to Momma them. I don't feel that way. I also don't feel that they should be allowed to take a test unless that test is in English,and they cannot have a permit if they do not have a Green card, a Visa, or something that allows them in this country legally. LEGALLY.
Jesus, I wasn’t saying they all have insurance, of course they don’t.

You are proposing a complete restructuring of the insurance structure or requiring ownership of a vehicle to be a driver....I was just pointing out that currently proof of insurance would prevent a segment of legal drivers from having a license.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
He left behind five children that will likely be supported by the taxpayers from here on out (if we weren't already supporting them)
The surviving spouse and any minor children get a monthly stipend. That stops at 18 unless the kids are in college full time. Once the last kid ages out, the spouse support stops also.

Hijinx

Jesus, I wasn’t saying they all have insurance, of course they don’t.

You are proposing a complete restructuring of the insurance structure or requiring ownership of a vehicle to be a driver....I was just pointing out that currently proof of insurance would prevent a segment of legal drivers from having a license.

Wouldn't that be horrible.

Clem72

It seems to me the smart thing to do would have been to require insurance before a license was issued.

Surely you mean before titling a vehicle? Why would a person need insurance if they have a license but no car? Furthermore, California doesn't require you to have vehicle insurance at all (if you get a bond or otherwise prove you have at least $35k in "surety" assets), so why do it specifically for illegals?

Hijinx

Surely you mean before titling a vehicle? Why would a person need insurance if they have a license but no car? Furthermore, California doesn't require you to have vehicle insurance at all (if you get a bond or otherwise prove you have at least $35k in "surety" assets), so why do it specifically for illegals?

I don't request it just fir illegals Everyone driving a vehicle should have some sort of insurance and the lower limit for that should be 1 Million dollars.