• Bah Humbug, scrooge the holidays!!! :drama:

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Doesn't matter since people will :cds: no matter what

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters

Toxick

Splat
I prefer Merry Christmas.

However, I have decided that I will be less touchy about it, because the term is more inclusive, albeit more generic. Plus "Holidays" encompasses Halowe'en, Thanksgiving and New Years along with Christmas in a nice tidy package of glad tidings.

Happy Chanukah and Blessed Solstice to everyone! :peace:

You tree-hugging Jesus-haters.

T

toppick08

I prefer Merry Christmas.

However, I have decided that I will be less touchy about it, because the term is more inclusive, albeit more generic. Plus "Holidays" encompasses Halowe'en, Thanksgiving and New Years along with Christmas in a nice tidy package of glad tidings.

Happy Chanukah and Blessed Solstice to everyone! :peace:

You tree-hugging Jesus-haters.

You forgot Kwanzaa.......:whistle:

belvak

Happy Camper
Prefer Merry Christmas, but Happy Holidays is okay since it covers several holidays in one fell swoop.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I say Merry Christmas but would not hesitate to say Happy Chanukuh if some Jewish person said it to me :shrug: (Kwanzaa is pushing it though :lol:)
Jolly kwanzaa to ya!

Prefer Merry Christmas, but Happy Holidays is okay since it covers several holidays in one fell swoop.
yeah -- obviously most people would prefer being told merry xmas over happy holidays if they celebrate xmas, but they also realizing that saying happy holidays is being considerate to everyone and not just those who celebrate xmas. So this poll would likely end up with almost all xmas people voting for merry xmas :shrug:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

yeah -- obviously most people would prefer being told merry xmas over happy holidays if they celebrate xmas, but they also realizing that saying happy holidays is being considerate to everyone and not just those who celebrate xmas. So this poll would likely end up with almost all xmas people voting for merry xmas :shrug:

Political correctness ruined it all for me. Before, I'd have said happy holidays just to be considerate because...why not? Everyone can enjoy their own holiday around this time, but now I'm so fed up that I pretty strictly stick to "Merry Christmas", sort of like a big "FU" to political correctness :lmao:

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
Does anyone here actually know someone who celebrates kwanza?

There's a black guy in our office who says he does. But then again, there are numerous black folks at work who don't. I'll go around wishing everone a Happy Kwanzaa just to see what their reaction is. And, of course, I send my brother a Kwanzaa card just about every year just to be silly.

It seems Kwanzaa is losing it's popularity, as it should. It's kind of a silly, made up holiday anyway. :whistle:

sweetprincess23

Does anyone here actually know someone who celebrates kwanza?

75% of my friends are black and none of them celebrate Kwanza. I do know a few muslims and a couple of jewish people.I have a very diverse set of friends and associates so I try to be considerate of others but in the end either saying is suitable to me.

A lady once told me her mother was given her bill at a restaraunt on the back it said, Merry XMAS. The mother left a note it said, here is your tip... A man named Christ was put on cross, not a man named X. She does make a point, my point is there will always be someone out there to find something wrong with everything. Can't please everyone.

Xaquin44

A lady once told me her mother was given her bill at a restaraunt on the back it said, Merry XMAS. The mother left a note it said, here is your tip... A man named Christ was put on cross, not a man named X. She does make a point, my point is there will always be someone out there to find something wrong with everything. Can't please everyone.

that wasn't very christian of her.

or, sadly, maybe it was =/

There's a black guy in our office who says he does. But then again, there are numerous black folks at work who don't. I'll go around wishing everone a Happy Kwanzaa just to see what their reaction is. And, of course, I send my brother a Kwanzaa card just about every year just to be silly.

It seems Kwanzaa is losing it's popularity, as it should. It's kind of a silly, made up holiday anyway. :whistle:

I would bet if you went to his house he would have a Christmas tree up. :lol:

If he REALLY celebrated Kwanzaa, would he come to work Christmas day? :popcorn:

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
I would bet if you went to his house he would have a Christmas tree up. :lol:

If he REALLY celebrated Kwanzaa, would he come to work Christmas day? :popcorn:

I thought you could celebrate both if you wanted to. I didn't think there was any kind of conflict. Although I think Kwanzaa is stupid, I don't see why someone can't celebrate Christmas and Kwanzaa.