Happy, I want my money back!

changeling

Just kidding. Look what arrived last night just about midnight. But where are the spots. I was sure we would have spots.

It was a scary 10 hours, but after a vet check and a flushing this morning mommy and daughter are doing fine. Her name is Aidon.

Attachments

• aidon.jpg
    aidon.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 245
  • aidon1.jpg
    aidon1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 246
  • aidon2.jpg
    aidon2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 197

buddy999

It's Great to be American
changeling said:
Just kidding. Look what arrived last night just about midnight. But where are the spots. I was sure we would have spots.

It was a scary 10 hours, but after a vet check and a flushing this morning mommy and daughter are doing fine. Her name is Aidon.

Congrats on the new baby. Her spots may appear as she grows older.

BrassieChic

changeling said:

Is the Momma a varnish roan w/a blanket? What's the stud look like? Cute Baby! :howdy:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDON! :cartwheel

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
That's nursery security these days...somebody switched babies on SOMDRocks first, and now you :lol:

Kidding!! Wait till she dries off good, and begins to darken up. Both parents are heavily roaned, and roan is super dominant. She will roan out. HOPEFULLY she has some spots under the coat. You should be able to see them when she in the sun, by the time she's 2 if they're there. They'll look like darker spots under her dark coat.

I had a filly that was registered characteristic at 2, but looked like a bay (except in the bright sun) then by the time she was 3 she had started roaning and now she is a leopard! She's 6. Appys are the ever changing breed :lol:

Welcome new baby!! Is she Chestnut or bay? is her mane black or red? How does Chase feel about his new baby sister?

This is dad at the last Reverie Acres Stuart Pittman clinic.

Attachments

• dismount-s.jpg
    dismount-s.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Jump-1s.jpg
    Jump-1s.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 117

BrassieChic

happyappygirl said:
That's nursery security these days...somebody switched babies on SOMDRocks first, and now you :lol:

Kidding!! Wait till she dries off good, and begins to darken up. Both parents are heavily roaned, and roan is super dominant. She will roan out. HOPEFULLY she has some spots under the coat. You should be able to see them when she in the sun, by the time she's 2 if they're there. They'll look like darker spots under her dark coat.

NICE LOOKIN' HORSE!!!! :howdy:

changeling

It took a week...

but she's grown into her head. Still no signs of roaning. I think we may just have a chestnut on our hands.

Attachments

• aidon6.jpg
    aidon6.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 115
  • aidon7.jpg
    aidon7.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 117
  • aidon8.jpg
    aidon8.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 115
  • aidon9.jpg
    aidon9.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 126

oldman

Lobster Land
changeling said:
but she's grown into her head. Still no signs of roaning. I think we may just have a chestnut on our hands.

The second pic brought to mind Mr. Ed the talking horse. "Stick with me kid and I'll teach you the ropes".