'Harry Potter' professor at Baylor holds discussion on JK Rowling's 'hatred of trans people' with students

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Dr. Greg Garrett called out "Twitter Rowling" for her rhetoric, writing 'shame on her'

A Baylor University professor held a "hard and necessary" conversation with his students about "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling and her alleged "hatred of trans people," according to an X post from last Tuesday.

Dr. Greg Garrett, who teaches a number of literature and culture-oriented courses at the university, wrote in the post that the discussion happened during his "Harry Potter" class.

"We decided novelist Rowling, who wrote with compassion about diversity, equity, and inclusion, is worth our attention. Twitter Rowling? Shame on her," he continued in part.

The discussion followed Rowling pubically challenging Scotland's hate speech law that went into effect on April 1, though she has repeatedly been outspoken on women's rights and transgender issues in the past.

Perfect example of a subject AND Professor that shouldn't exist in a university curriculum.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I don't agree with your conclusion, I can get the entire Harry Potter collection for about 25 bucks. I don't think I've ever paid less than $50.00 on any college level book and most were closer to $100.00. It's an english credit with very little work that would draw Engineering students, now if you had a D&D class that'd draw every Computer Science major.

BOP

Dr. Greg Garrett called out "Twitter Rowling" for her rhetoric, writing 'shame on her'

A Baylor University professor held a "hard and necessary" conversation with his students about "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling and her alleged "hatred of trans people," according to an X post from last Tuesday.

Dr. Greg Garrett, who teaches a number of literature and culture-oriented courses at the university, wrote in the post that the discussion happened during his "Harry Potter" class.

"We decided novelist Rowling, who wrote with compassion about diversity, equity, and inclusion, is worth our attention. Twitter Rowling? Shame on her," he continued in part.

The discussion followed Rowling pubically challenging Scotland's hate speech law that went into effect on April 1, though she has repeatedly been outspoken on women's rights and transgender issues in the past.

Perfect example of a subject AND Professor that shouldn't exist in a university curriculum.
Those that can, do. Those who can't do, teach.